Wildflower Festival

img_658761_0_94b7f23ccfcaa66f508c24f7c20fc18c.jpg

clearly the spam was served on a bun, not on a stick.

Please note the individual leaving the serving window of the Spam wagon - the one wearing sunglasses facing the camera. It would appear she is eating something on a stick. Or maybe she's gesturing toward you with her middle finger.

Either way, I rest my case....:)

assuming that she is not just picking her nose but that she is indeed eating a spam on a stick, then the answer defaults back to satay because when two answers are right then the prize goes to the answer that is more right. and it is more right that satay is non-regional than that spam is non-food, particularly, apparently, in texas.

Good grief. In your prior life you must have worked in marketing.

I'm throwing in the can... :p

EDIT: I should have known entering an online contest I'd end up with nothing but Spam...

i would prefer my spam on a stick only if it's battered and deep fried!

i would prefer my spam on a stick only if it's battered and deep fried!

Fair Food - Cuisine Scene - Restaurant Review - Urban Tulsa Weekly - Tulsa

One "think before you eat" food that I sampled was Spam on a Stick at $3.50. Yes, battered and fried Spam. Although it looked like a corndog, it was Spam. The line was short here, so I hustled right up to the window to place an order of fried Spam, a first in my life experience.

Spam is the trademarked, processed pork luncheon meat made by Hormel company, where the "ingredients are ground to a medium-course texture; spices are then added to enhance the product's natural flavor." Soon after, the product is mechanically filled into the cans, sealed and oven cooked in the cans.

Fried Spam turned out to be a little better than I thought it would--although I do recommend a heavy dose of prepared mustard all around the thing. The taste was almost nondescript--the fried Spam seemed to loosen its texture, becoming very soft. The richness of the fried batter and warm Spam was too much for me. A few bites were very rich and filling, in manner of speaking.

I vote a solid "Pass!" based on that rousing description

Spam is just structural support for salt - I like my salt - sort of like bacon but not crispy - unless you cut it really thin and heat up on a hot pan then it can be crispy...hehe

Spam is a better name than it's less well-known competitor that I met in the east coast - scrapple? that' s just unimaginative!

Scrapple: everything but the oink...

Or, in cruder terms, the part of the pig that comes over the fence last... :p

Back
Top Bottom