Windows 10 June 2020 update breaks many printers

RunningBum

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Having trouble printing this month? Have you installed a recent Windows 10 update? Microsoft broke a lot of printers with one of them.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ng-breaks-due-to-microsoft-june-2020-updates/ helped me find the issue and how to fix it. I opted to back out one of the updates.

Hopefully this will save you a couple hours that I spent trying to figure out the issue.

Thanks Microsoft [in a very sarcastic voice]

Has a subsequent fix fixed this yet? I don't run Winders but many family members do, and guess who has to fix their machines.

The article says there are a couple patches that are outside the regular windows update process. Msoft seems to be pretty quiet on this but it sounds like it will be fixed in a future update. The link I put in covers it better than I can.

I have one machine that updated and another that didn't. Microsoft is having so many problems with this update that it is holding back the update for some machines. I will be waiting until it is forced on me. They have real quality control problems on these updates. Make sure you have a full disk backup before running 2004 in case it breaks your system.

Not being able to print was not the issue I faced with Version 1909 and 2004. I use Outlook 2010. After updating, Outlook could no longer find my Outlook file. Once I went through the process of adding/locating the file, there was nothing I could do to get Outlook to find my contact file. I went to every forum on this planet and there were no solutions that worked. I did find some with the same problem and no solution. Please note that Outlook is a Microsoft product. I re-typed my contact list/address book, so please offer no solutions. I am just letting others know the problem I faced with both updates.

Also, with 1909, it kept failing (more than 10 times) to update so I had to go to extremes. I had to go through the lengthy and scary Microsoft Update Media Creation Tool.

Looking into alternatives for Outlook.

^^^ Have you tried Thunderbird?

Maybe you should look for an alternative to Microsoft!

Note that you can pause Windows Update for a month (or shorter interval). The background is that I noticed the fantastic May 2020 update was not ready for my machine. As I continued to read about increasing problems, I paused update until July 31 (the longest possible date). At that time anything critical will be forced to my machine.

Looking into alternatives for Outlook.

Years ago, I used to use Outlook Express but switched to Sylpheed (acts similar, has built in spam filter) after Outlook Express automatically previewed mail that had a keylogger and infected my laptop.

Every so often, just for grins, I go checking t see if there are other email reader programs I may like more than Sylpheed, but find myself just sticking with Sylpheed as that pretty much does what I need in an email program.

Back
Top Bottom