Wisconsin Tourism Slogan

Minn is the state famous for hot dish, understatement and staring at your shoes during conversations.

In Wisconsin they are more extroverted. When they talk to you the stare at your shoes.

Hmmm - in the 1960's I was a best man at a wedding in Kohler - the toilet capital of the world. The groom was from Kelso(Wa not Wis) the Smelt capital of the world.

I'm sure the PR people have got to both places since. It was more fun before PC became widespread.

The late SO loved 'Don't Mess With Texas' litter bags - kept a stash in the camper.

heh heh heh - I still watch 70's show reruns once in a while. :greetings10:

Attachments

• marmot cheese.jpg
    marmot cheese.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 0
Be nice.........:rolleyes:

The favorite sayings around here are:

"Wisconsin has two seasons, winter and road construction"

"The state bird is the mosquito"

Those are both very true.
The road construction over the summer will force me to drive to work along the lake and kill thousands of lake flies/mosquitos every day. Looking forward to that :rolleyes:

How about: "pothole capital of the world"
I swear they are so bad i'm going to get stuck in one one day.

Be nice.........:rolleyes:

The favorite sayings around here are:

"Wisconsin has two seasons, winter and road construction"

"The state bird is the mosquito"

The Michigan state icon is the orange construction barrel...used to block off freeway lanes for miles and miles from March to November, with no construction in sight! And don't get me started on potholes...here we wait until they fill with water, then a crew comes along and throws in a shovel or two of hot patch, temporarily displacing the water. No one rolls or tamps it down....and the next few vehicles that roll over the "patch" will throw about 2/3s of it into adjacent lanes or onto passing cars. And then the cycle begins again. Lovely.

Back
Top Bottom