Would like suggestions on men's electric razors

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have always preferred Norelco rotary shavers. They just seemed much less irritating on my face. But I am having trouble finding a replacement for the one that recently has lost some functionality. Its battery is dead, but it can't be operated from the mains unless the battery has some charge on it. I would like to avoid another battery model. I want one like the one I had years ago. I would plug it in, shave, and then unplug it and put it in my kit. When I wanted to use it again, I plugged it in and shaved. Utter simplicity. These shavers were also smaller than bowling balls, which I felt was a feature.

When I am expecting an overnight, I might need to shave without notice, so although at home I just keep my old one plugged in, I don't want to clutter my friends bathroom.

Anyone know of a rotary that just lets you plug in and shave?

Ha

I'm on a battery Norelco too. Years ago I had a Remington like you describe, but I suspect it is not available any more.

could you just replace the battery ?
I suppose I should look into this. My usual approach with minor appliances is they go into the landfill, and a replacement comes to me in the mail.

Ha

I'm with you. I just want a simple plug in model. In the past when I have looked for one like that, it was an ultra cheap model with poor shaving capability. I just resigned myself to the fact of paying 50 or 60 dollars and having it last a couple of years before the battery stopped holding a charge, then replacing it.

I use a Braun plug in model too. In my opinion the Braun offers a superior shave compared to Norelco.

I prefer corded too as it has no need for the clutter of a recharging station. An Amazon search of norelco corded shaver turns up a few options.

Its battery is dead, but it can't be operated from the mains unless the battery has some charge on it. I would like to avoid another battery model.

Wonder if that's a 'feature' with the newer Norelco's. My 15 year old Norelco works with or without the cord, I've used it plenty of times plugged in after the battery was completely discharged. Norelco does still make a plugin only model (1100), size wise I don't think it's any different than the battery ones.

Years ago I had a two headed Norelco Speed Shaver. No batteries. The shaver and the cord fit into a nice small package perfect for travel. Alas, I do not see them around anymore.

I prefer the Norelco's, but they're just too expensive.

I've switched over to Remington rechargable rotary shavers, and they also do a great job.

As a retiree, i'm pretty demanding on an electric razor since I only shave on Wednesdays and Sundays. It's nice doing only what I want to do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom