Yesterday...all my troubles seem so far away

Good for you! I wish I got a package. I'd have left sooner - :)

I did put in over 25 years there and over 35 overall so I paid my dues but still I got lucky with the timing. One thing I noticed while waking this morning, when I was in that half awake state I realized it was still only Friday and I was mourning that a bit and then I remembered so what it does not matter:dance:

Also last night I started to do that mental countdown I do for vacations, x down and y to go as in 1 day down 8 to go and then realized there is no to go. I think I am going to love this.

Any plans? How will you spend your time? What’s first on your list?

No plans, no list, just take each day as it comes. I got stuck at the bank an hour yesterday, they were backed up, etc, and I even said to the rep good I am not in a rush. I hope that will be the rest of my life, just keep rolling along. Afterwards I stopped at Costco, amazing how empty they are on a Thursday before 5PM :)

No plans, no list, just take each day as it comes. I got stuck at the bank an hour yesterday, they were backed up, etc, and I even said to the rep good I am not in a rush. I hope that will be the rest of my life, just keep rolling along. Afterwards I stopped at Costco, amazing how empty they are on a Thursday before 5PM :)

I still relish going to Costco during weekday mornings. So nice!

A part of me never thought I would be writing this message. I joined here 14 years ago and thought about it for awhile even before that. OMY and excuses and I kept putting it off.

You are not alone. I hung on for years after FI. The bs bucket finally overflowed and nudged me

"Yesterday...all my troubles seem so far away"

Yet, nobody has posted this song.

Sorry that the song is opposite the meaning of this thread, but I could not resist. :)

Congratulations! So nice to get the package and know it is, indeed, THE time. Enjoy it.

Congratulations - the first few weeks can seem surreal, and then it soon becomes normal. Today was an early fall day and I took a walk on a trail in the woods in the afternoon - the leaves were turning and weather was perfect - I hope that never gets old

Perfect

Hi. Mr Pedantic here. I assume you're happy with your decision and would not want to return to your previous life, which is why I'm wondering why you would choose a song that expresses the exact opposite. "Yesterday" is about a man longing for the past and wishing he could return to right his wrongs. It starts out...

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away (he didn't have any problems back then)
Now it seems as though they're here to stay (now his life is filled with problems)
Oh, I believe in yesterday (he want's to return to his previous life)

Sorry, I'll go back to minding my own business. I wonder if this is why I never get invited to parties anymore.

Well, enjoy. Just noting, I hear from many (most?) retirees that they are so busy, they don’t know how they ever found time for w*rk... That’s ok, but as your ‘time’ fills up, just be sure that it is spent on the things that YOU prefer or that it matches YOUR priorities. Again, Enjoy!

I missed a package by about 18 months. For about 8 minutes, it bothered me. THEN I remembered that I could never have purchased that much time - for any amount of money. YMMV. So glad it worked out for you!

+1. Missed my package by 24 months. Bothered me for 24 seconds, then I realized what a great two years it has been vs staying in a place that gave me no joy.
I missed a package by about 18 months. For about 8 minutes, it bothered me. THEN I remembered that I could never have purchased that much time - for any amount of money. YMMV. So glad it worked out for you!

Congrats! Monday's will have an entirely different meaning for you.:)

Congrats!!! No bosses, office politics, brown noses, performance reviews, HR programs of the month, corporate PC culture, Monday mornings and Sunday late afternoon blues ..... oh, I better stop, my blood pressure is beginning to rise at the memories!! Ha! :-*

Is it Friday yet?

Another thing I am noticing is that I dont care what day of the week it is. While in the past it was that all-consuming wish for Friday to finally arrive, now it really does not matter. Tuesday, Thursday, whatever, it is all the same. It is amazing how life altering and redefining this all is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom