Your 2022 S&P Prediction

6000, about a 25% gain from Dec 30 close.

I'm guessing 4900. Flat year after an early big dive and then the FED PUT kicks in.

Winners will be politicians/Fed banker big wigs who trade on inside info and losers will be Joe Public.:LOL:

I think 2022 will be a return closer to average gains. 4766 starting value, so that makes 5300 my guess for year end.

I'm guessing 4900. Flat year after an early big dive and then the FED PUT kicks in.

Winners will be politicians/Fed banker big wigs who trade on inside info and losers will be Joe Public.:LOL:

Nice to see someone giving a detailed analysis. I'm all in on your call but still really believe that nobody knows nothin'. I can make 4900 work nicely, while hoping 3900 or worse doesn't last for more than a year or two.

4932 for the 12/31/2022 S&P 500 close.

I predict lots of backing and filling and treading water. With a mini-bull at some point that will give us a small gain for 2022.

Last edited:
Your 2022 S&P Prediction

I am optimistic this year. We put COVID in the rear view mirror and FED and politicians do enough or not enough to not blow it for the rest of us.

I agree there will be drama!

Swanee

There will be some big swings but it will be up most of the time. I'm thinking ending the year at around 5400. I'll be happy with anything that starts with a 5.....or 6 ;)

Rising interest rates sting bonds and equities. Also there is no more Covid rumour to buy into. Its all news and its a bit of a treadmill.

5720, the year of stock buybacks, M&A's and loose monetary policy with a few rate hikes creating some buying opportunities. I'm being optimistic because I know we are still experiencing one of the biggest wealth transfers of our generation which can easily fuel the rocket ship.

With the child tax credits coming due at Tax Time, I believe there will be a HUGE buying opportunity around March/April.

Last edited:
5720, the year of stock buybacks, M&A's and loose monetary policy with a few rate hikes creating some buying opportunities. I'm being optimistic because I know we are still experiencing one of the biggest wealth transfers of our generation which can easily fuel the rocket ship.

With the child tax credits coming due at Tax Time, I believe there will be a HUGE buying opportunity around March/April.

Maybe student loans get paid off by the gov as well (I think they are on deferral until May right now). That would be a massive amount of money freed up to buy things.

There are so many unknowns and unknown unknowns I feel as if I would have a better shot at predicting powerball numbers.

Maybe student loans get paid off by the gov as well (I think they are on deferral until May right now). That would be a massive amount of money freed up to buy things.

There are so many unknowns and unknown unknowns I feel as if I would have a better shot at predicting powerball numbers.

Right? It's anybody's guess which is why I love this thread. It's the one time I year I can pretend to know exactly nothing while sounding smart when I speak. ;)

I do feel like there will be a huge pullback early April when half of America opens their eyes and says, wait...that tax credit wasn't a gift? I need to file that with my taxes as something I received. YES, yes you do. 3 kids = $5,100 that families will be surprised to see their taxes being reduced by when they go to file the returns.

If they pay off those student loans I am sending the government a huge stack of college bills I personally paid and requesting a check. It's only fair! ;)

If they pay off those student loans I am sending the government a huge stack of college bills I personally paid and requesting a check. It's only fair! ;)

I know, same. But on the flip side, we did enjoy two decades of amazing returns in the market that these new graduates probably won't get to see...and they have to pay our SS too.

Back
Top Bottom