Youtube cover songs better than the original or just as good as...

Colin James covering John Lennon's "I'm Losing You"

And Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic"

Jeff Healey was a master of covers.

The Weight:

While My Guitar Gently Weeps:

Perhaps it is not fair, but the Talking Heads cover of Al Green's Take Me to the River has eclipsed the original:

An Italian town got together and covered the Foo Fighters to get them to have a concert in their town. The Foo Fighters did.

And, of course, who doesn't like Death Metal covers of classic music?

Perhaps it is not fair, but the Talking Heads cover of Al Green's Take Me to the River has eclipsed the original:

+1. How about Bonnie Raitt covering Richard Thompson's Dimming of the Day? With RT on background vocals.

Robert Plant "covers" Zep Black Dog with Allison Krauss

This young gal has a nice acoustic arrangement of "Another Brick In the Wall":

Showing her guitar skills on Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters":

Any human with a half-decent voice and competent production covering any song played by Bob Dylan. :tongue:

Jamie Cullum is wonderful, and I love his song "Save Your Soul." But I was very impressed by Citizen Shade's rendition, from an obscure duo out of North Carolina. Citizen Shade first, Cullum second... (PS: But Citizen Shade's lead singer can do better by dumping the gloves, IMHO...)

Last edited:
I get a big kick out of this version of "Burning Down the House" with Tom Jones and The Cardigans:

This is a great version of Superstition by Stevie Ray Vaughn. Stevie Wonder shows up in the video, LOL!

Heart performed Stairway to Heaven live at a big awards ceremony for the remaining Led Zeppelin band members and they seemed to very much enjoy the performance. 2012 Kennedy Center.

I think Nancy Wilson can hold her own to Robert Plant on the vocals, but the lead guitarist about mid way through didn't come close to Jimmy Page. Though I agree, it did look like it was enjoyed by the band.

A Pirate Looks at 40 - Jack Johnson, Dave Mathews, Tim Reynolds

https://youtu.be/I4sUsm4dK6s

Starts at about 1:45 and ends at about 5:30.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom