I am the FNG

GreatWhiteShark

Confused about dryer sheets
Hey all,

Wanted to say hi, and thanks for the awesome forums.

I am glad i found them early, rather than later. Got a while until I retire, decades actually.

So I will continue to read what others are doing and learn from their experiences, on what works, mostly what doesn't.

Thanks again.

O0

Welcome GWS - just in case there are some that don't know - do you care to clarify the meaning of FNG - and be careful!

You've come to the right place if you want to learn - good luck!

GWS,
Welcome. Getting an early start is one of the keys to hopping off the rat race before you're used up. Read up and bring your questions just as the rest of us have.

Hi and welcome

Hope that you are able to find something to get you out of the rat race.

In Vietnam FNG meant F***ng New Guy. Can I say that on this forum?

In Vietnam FNG meant F***ng New Guy. Can I say that on this forum?
What's with all the asterisks & extra letters in "fresh new guy"? Or has that become "fumbling new guy"?

I was hoping it was the funny new guy. The lack of humor on this forum is depressing.

I was hoping it was the funny new guy. The lack of humor on this forum is depressing.

i dunno,

nords' anecdote about the lion king t-shirt was one of the funniest
things i've read in quite a while!

(yow, i almost typed 'loin king' there..)

Who's there? Looks to me like a poster who shows up, posts once, and disappears for days at a time...or longer.

Was that the punch line you were looking for Janet?

Who's there? Looks to me like a poster who shows up, posts once, and disappears for days at a time...or longer.

Was that the punch line you were looking for Janet?

That'll do:cool:

This is a tough crowd. Some of us still have a job to go to. I'm just waiting for the day I can do whatever I want including talking on the internet.

Hey all, thanks for the replies. Yes that meant effin new guy. I am told that i am funny, but i know when i should be serious. Early retirement is a topic that i am serious about.
I dont think most of my friends are even thinking about retirement now in our 20's.
I am going to start an IRA soon and start contributing to my 401k.

That and on top of all of that I am really looking for some property that I can build on.
I would rather spend some time saving some money for a couple years, after i find some property and spend a few more years saving so I can build a house on.

A few years saving and building, blood and tears and blisters with a large dose of sweat equity and a sore back sound a whole lot better than a 30 year fixed rate ball and chain of a mortgage.

I often think of this when I am having a bad day at work. No such thing I tell myself. It is just my reaction to the situation.

Calm down, deal with whatever it is that is stress full and move on. Simple, not always easy.

Almost forgot, the comment about the rat race reminded me of one of my most favorite books i read as a kid, and still bring it out from time to time...How to get out of the rat race and live of $10 a month" by George Leonard and Berthe E. Herter (Hardcover - 1965)

Back
Top Bottom