Retired today

Paddy

Dryer sheet wannabe
After one last long day (even a little overtime) I am officially retired! :dance:

More later, too tired, but I made it!

Congratulations! I'd say have a great weekend, but seems it's all weekends from here on out.

Well done Paddy, you have managed to endure until the race was won :dance:

Congratulations!

Now, stay close and let us know about all your fun and relaxing.:D

After I retired about 2 years ago, I was still thinking of ways to solve problems at work as I tried to get to sleep. Took me about 3 weeks to stop that, saying to myself "Hey Dan, its NOT your problem anymore!!"

That's when true bliss hit me.... i.e. it wasn't MY problem anymore. And every day since has been great.

Awesome Paddy. Hope you are enjoying your next phase already.
How did you select this particular date to retire? Was it based on hitting your "number" to FIRE? Or was it date based for for tenure, health insurance, etc. Or did you pull the rip cord for an unrelated reason?
Just wondering why and how different people finally make the big leap...:greetings10:

After one last long day (even a little overtime) I am officially retired! :dance:

Congratulations! The fact that you had to work overtime on your last day is what caught my eye here. I can't start to imagine how that must have felt. Get some rest and report back on how it's going. You will love it.

Congratulations!!! I bet you feel like dancing! (Wait....You ARE dancing!)

After I retired about 2 years ago, I was still thinking of ways to solve problems at work as I tried to get to sleep. Took me about 3 weeks to stop that, saying to myself "Hey Dan, its NOT your problem anymore!!"

That's when true bliss hit me.... i.e. it wasn't MY problem anymore. And every day since has been great.

Yah! I only retired 3 days ago and have found myself doing this. I have to clear my head of this nonsense. Except I don't call myself Dan. That would be weird:LOL:.

Congratulations, Paddy. You will probably feel very euphoric now for a long, long time (I know I did when I ER'd). Was the overtime on your last day due to your retirement celebration?

Remember my last long day well. That final walk down the hall, turning my my badge, computer and stuff and out the door I went.

Relax, enjoy and congratulations!!

Have fun for the rest of your life, you ( and all those here on this forum ) have certainly deserved this.

Congratulations! The fact that you had to work overtime on your last day is what caught my eye here. I can't start to imagine how that must have felt. Get some rest and report back on how it's going. You will love it.

Much thanks to everyone for the good wishes! I don't know any of you personally but feels like I have some friends and kindred spirits. A very nice feeling. Also I spent a lot of time reading on this forum and that was very key to my plans working out the way they have!

I'm not getting caught up on any sleep just yet. I seem to wake up with the sun in the morning with this silly grin on my face thinking why would I waste another hour in bed?;) Very different and very nice so far.

About time! What have you been doing anyway?:D

Congrats, sorry, had to post the above. You won't regret it.:dance:

Back
Top Bottom