Join Early Retirement Today

Air Duct Cleaning Secret
Old 10-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Air Duct Cleaning Secret

I cleaned air ducts the other day for someone who is sort of famous. After consulting several sources, and in an effort to protect his/her identity, I have decided to withhold any further information that may violate that person's right to a secretive duct cleaning....

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #2

Thefed duct cleaner to the stars!

Was it Lebron?

Old 10-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #3

Lebron was my first guess but his house is brand new.

Or Chrissy Hynde? She's also a famous local but I'm not sure she keeps a home here.

Or maybe one of the Mothersbaughs? They are the DEVO guys.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I don't get the impression that many celebrities like having their names bandied about in public by people who do services for them.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #5
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
I don't get the impression that many celebrities like having their names bandied about in public by people who do services for them.
Why would anyone want to, anyway? It's not very professional, IMO. Many of us deal with celebrities (or high level politicians, in my case) now and then in our work, but wouldn't post their names on a message board.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:54 AM   #6
Administrator

Quote:
It would seem to jeopardize one's chances for repeat business with that celebrity, as well as potential business with any other celebrities who happen to hear of it.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:30 AM   #7

Darn I thought "Air Ducts Cleaning Secret" was going be a secret way to clean air ducts
Old 10-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #8
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I've worked with a number of people who thought they were important...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
I've worked with a number of people who thought they were important...
And some just act important.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:24 AM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Or "impotent", as the joke goes...

Old 10-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
Or "impotent", as the joke goes...
The Southern pronunciation? Ah, yes, I remember it well, the w*rkplace. Are you getting close to RE, HFWR? They say the humor improves the closer you get.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUM View Post
Darn I thought "Air Ducts Cleaning Secret" was going be a secret way to clean air ducts
Me, too. I'm still waiting to try CFB's leaf blower trick on my dryer ducting.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaJoe View Post
The Southern pronunciation? Ah, yes, I remember it well, the w*rkplace. Are you getting close to RE, HFWR? They say the humor improves the closer you get.
Not close enough...

Old 10-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #14
Give me a forum ...

The ducts are much cleaner now, you did a great job, thanks.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUM View Post
Me too. I have two dogs and a cat who are not famous but they shed a lot of hair.

heh heh heh -
Old 10-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

I actually do have an airduct cleaning secret. My secret they don't typically need cleaning unless you have specific problems. From the EPA website: Should You Have the Air Ducts in Your Home Cleaned? | Indoor Air | US EPA

Quote:
If no one in your household suffers from allergies or unexplained symptoms or illnesses and if, after a visual inspection of the inside of the ducts, you see no indication that your air ducts are contaminated with large deposits of dust or mold (no musty odor or visible mold growth), having your air ducts cleaned is probably unnecessary. It is normal for the return registers to get dusty as dust-laden air is pulled through the grate. This does not indicate that your air ducts are contaminated with heavy deposits of dust or debris; the registers can be easily vacuumed or removed and cleaned.
and

Quote:
You may consider having your air ducts cleaned simply because it seems logical that air ducts will get dirty over time and should occasionally be cleaned. While the debate about the value of periodic duct cleaning continues, no evidence suggests that such cleaning would be detrimental, provided that it is done properly.

On the other hand, if a service provider fails to follow proper duct cleaning procedures, duct cleaning can cause indoor air problems. For example, an inadequate vacuum collection system can release more dust, dirt, and other contaminants than if you had left the ducts alone. A careless or inadequately trained service provider can damage your ducts or heating and cooling system, possibly increasing your heating and air conditioning costs or forcing you to undertake difficult and costly repairs or replacements.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #17

Is this a leak for The Enquirer?
Old 10-29-2009, 04:33 PM   #18

Quote:
I actually do have an airduct cleaning secret. My secret they don't typically need cleaning unless you have specific problems. From the EPA website: Should You Have the Air Ducts in Your Home Cleaned? | Indoor Air | US EPA

and

what an astute observation by the EPA. If they are not dirty, smelly, or moldy they probably do not need to be cleaned. that's a shocker....
Old 10-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #19

Quote:
BWE, thanks for an informative post that is actually related to the thread title
Old 10-30-2009, 08:05 AM   #20
Full time employment: Posting here.

Yes, thanks for the good read, I was actually doing research (not fun) on an air purification system for the house ever since I walked into my neighbours house and all I could smell is cat litter. Oh MY!!!!!!!. Lennox has a Pure Air system that I'm looking into now.