An Honest Epiitaph You Could Die With?

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
When I reached Medicare age I began to think a bit more about mortality. I have come up with an epitaph that is honest, doesn't make me feel completely horrible and that my heirs might go along with.

He was an acquired taste

How about you guys?

Ha

recyclingSymbol.gif

"I guess he really didn't know everything after all."

here's how i handled mom's (she loved swans)...

img_592239_0_b8f650560c3d886000da665843cb19f3.jpg

and here's the family obelisk which says something to the effect of leading lives "sweet for memory to dwell upon"

img_592239_1_cdf39a611609d322c50d701b1857880b.jpg

sure hate to miss an opportunity but as i seemed to have inherited about 80 or 90 empty plots, if anyone happens to need one or 10 or 50, email me for details. the more you buy the more you save. act now while real estate prices are down. oh, and no property taxes.

Last edited:
I love John Wayne quotes and one might be appropriate:

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

or

"You die your way, I'll die mine"

or

Can't remember who said it (movie director, writer, or procucer, I think) but when asked what to put on his tombstone said:

"Next!"

Or Arnie's famous line:

"I'll be back"

I don't have to worry about it, though. I've asked my kids to spread my ashes.

No epitaph-- I'll either be incinerated or composted.

However:
At age 107 he had just joined the roster of oldest living alumni, but he evaded rescuers twice-- claiming that the "gnarly 10-foot waves were just too epic to quit". He did, however, finally nail an off-the-lip cutback.

She done good

Epithet? Now they gotta swear at me after i'm gone? Kinda liked "that'll do pig". Maybe leave off the pig.

Had his last sip of wine
at the age of ninety-nine.
Now under this land
Having been killed by a jealous husband.

I don't want one. Waste of resources. Honestly speaking, I'd be happy if somebody tied my dead body to a big rock and dropped me in the middle of the ocean/lake/etc.

Bonus inheritance if they can do it using only natural resources they acquire first-hand without purchasing. Of course this provision in the will would not be known unless somebody actually does it, after which they find out and get the bonus.

I don't want one. Waste of resources. Honestly speaking, I'd be happy if somebody tied my dead body to a big rock and dropped me in the middle of the ocean/lake/etc.

Pretty much how I feel, but.... I find that I'm really interested to know more about my ancestors, and I realize that one day, one of my descendants might actually want to know something about their ancestors, and that might be me! A well chosen epitaph can give a glimpse into a life, but maybe they would want to know more? The kids all do their genealogy projects in school, that's a start, and I've learned a bit, but maybe a real 'family history' book is worth doing. It just seems a bit uncomfortable to talk about yourself though. I always want to know about those 'other ' people.

Gee, no song lyrics yet? Here's one that every few years I will play about 10 time in a row and totally immerse myself - I'm weird that way:
< my favorite lines emphasized>
Epitaph Lyrics
» King Crimson

(Fripp/McDonald/Lake/Giles/Sinfield)

The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams.
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams.
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams,
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
As silence drowns the screams.

Between the iron gates of fate,
The seeds of time were sown,
And watered by the deeds of those
Who know and who are known;
Knowledge is a deadly friend
When no one sets the rules.
The fate of all mankind I see
Is in the hands of fools.

Confusion will be my epitaph.
As I crawl a cracked and broken path
If we make it we can all sit back
and laugh.
But I fear tomorrow I'll be crying,
Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying.
Oh, and listen here:

YouTube - Epitaph

I realize that one day, one of my descendants might actually want to know something about their ancestors, and that might be me! A well chosen epitaph can give a glimpse into a life, but maybe they would want to know more? The kids all do their genealogy projects in school, that's a start, and I've learned a bit, but maybe a real 'family history' book is worth doing.

I thought about some of that stuff as well, but since a lot of our family genealogy knowledge is already limited there's not much loss on this side of the family. Also, my hope is that my descendants focus less on who I am or was, and who they are and their own experience in life.

Of course, that's all based on *my* ideas... which my descendants may or may not share. So question arises - am I being selfish or compassionate by remaining true to my own beliefs without sense of obligation to those who follow?

*shrug*

Well see, thats where that whole acid thing started making sense.

I'm back to the mercury thesis. Which to be fair may be better than the spore theory.

From a recent scratch-off ticket:

"Thanks for playing. Try again."

I told you I was sick.

Back
Top Bottom