another one

A seemingly physically fit 53 year old doesn't just die in their sleep for no reason. Drugs must have been involved, right?

First Wham album is one of my favorites. Wham rap, Bad Boy, et all. Great album.

A seemingly physically fit 53 year old doesn't just die in their sleep for no reason. Drugs must have been involved, right?
No one has said yet what the cause of death may be, but he led a possibly stressful life with some drug issues.

Michael battled depression after losing both his mother, Lesley Angold, and his lover, Anselmo Feleppa, within a few years of each other. Feleppa died from an AIDS-related illness. “I struggled with huge depression after my mother died,” he told The Independent. “Losing your mother and your lover in the space of three years is a tough one.”

In Oct. 2006, the singer was arrested on a drug-related charge and given a warning by London police for possession of cannabis. Earlier that year, he had been arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs after being found slumped over the wheel of his car. Just two months after that incident, he damaged three neighbors’ cars and his own Range Rover in April. In July 2010, Michael was returning from a Gay Pride parade when he was arrested on suspicion of being unfit to drive after driving into a storefront; he was later charged with possession of cannabis and driving while unfit through drink or drugs.

After pleading guilty, Michael was sentenced to eight weeks in prison, a fine and a five-year ban from driving. Released from jail after four months

In 2013, he suffered a head injury after falling from his moving car in Hertfordshire. He was airlifted to a hospital (where he spent two weeks in inpatient care) and was later photographed with a huge scar on the back of his head.

I wasn't a big fan of his music (although Faith was a guilty pleasure), but I always thought he had one of the great voices in music. In my "if I could sing like anybody" fantasies he was right up there with Freddie Mercury, Paul McCartney, and a few others. From what little I know, he seems to have had a difficult life. Definitely too young to die. RIP, George.

Note: Thread title is unnecessarily ambigous (another what? Social Security thread? Newbie wanting help? Trip planned?)--including his name would garner more views and discussion.

DH and I just memtioned George Michael this afternoon--there was a Wham Christmas carol on the radio. I don't think we had mentioned his name in ten years.

IMG_1051.JPG

Too soon?

He was so young!!! The article said heart failure, but that does seem a little vague.

It's just one after another this year. I will be so glad when 2016 is over. :(

It's just one after another this year. I will be so glad when 2016 is over.

I had a similar thought in August 2001. There were a bunch of shark attacks up and down the east coast, leading the media to dub it the "Summer of the Shark". I remember thinking I could not wait for September to arrive.

I had no idea how much worse the world would become on the 11th.

Bad year? Yes.

But worse than Hendrix (9/70), Joplin (10/70) and Jim Morrison (7/71):confused:

That was one brutal 10 month stretch..............

Most journalists don't know the difference between heart failure and heart attack or myocardial infarction. It couldn't have been heart failure; that doesn't occur so suddenly. Probably a heart rhythm problem, maybe due to a heart attack.

It's sad that so many celebrities have passed away this year. A number of them had health problems and many were in their 80s and 90s, though. The freak accidents and drug related deaths affecting the younger folks are the worst.

I was with a guy going through Heathrow when the guy pointed out George. It's odd that those two had a few things in common and both passed on way too young .

Carrie Fisher passed away this morning as well at age 60. Can't help but make a person rethink saving money to last to 90+ when you could be gone by 60. Save money but make sure to enjoy life along the way.

Carrie Fisher passed away this morning as well at age 60. Can't help but make a person rethink saving money to last to 90+ when you could be gone by 60. Save money but make sure to enjoy life along the way.
Man...I've been watching to see if there were updates on her.

So sad to hear the news. :(

It is fairly heartbreaking about Debbie Reynolds, because it seems her daughter's death pushed her over the edge. She had a stroke previously, I believe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom