So disappointed with my Honda experience

With all this talk of poorly made new cars, I might have to stop telling DW to get rid of her 1998 Camry (25 yrs old) and buy a new car already. ;) :LOL::LOL:

I am happy with my new-to-me stretched Camry (Avalon) of that generation.

Bought a 3rd generation manual tranny Honda Accord to learn to drive stick.

It was not nearly as reliable as I had been led to believe Hondas were.

With OP's problems, gas dilution of oil on the turbocharged engine, & bad transmissions on the V6 models (e.g. Odyssey) I don't plan on buying Honda ever again.

With all this talk of poorly made new cars, I might have to stop telling DW to get rid of her 1998 Camry (25 yrs old) and buy a new car already. ;) :LOL::LOL:

Keep it. I'm not sure mechanics are able to handle the complexity of newer cars. Local mechanic misdiagnosed the trouble light on a 10 year old Ford and tried replacing the alternator before fixing a LIN bus connection (sort of a car computer network). We didn't pay for the alternator but more hours of labor than would have been required had he listened to me about my you tube findings. :)

We drove our '99 Honda CRV to 170K. One day, it would not start (turned over, but nothing!) Could not diagnose it ourselves or with help from more knowledgeable people in the building. SO, we decided to just give it to the guy who had helped us try to get it started. He eventually had to junk it as he cold not fix it and the car was just transportation at that point. Maybe worth $1000 to the right buyer IF it would run.

BUT other than it simply dying on us that way, the car was completely reliable and a great ride for such a small SUV. It was just the perfect size for DW and she now hates the RAV4 we replaced the CRV with.

But everything I hear about Hondas now is negative, so, scratch one more car off my used-car list. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom