Anyone collect or sell comic books?

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have about a dozen comic books from the 1950's and 1960's that look to me like they are in very good condition. Does anyone here have any experience selling comic books? How did the process go? Or are there any collectors who can give me resources to estimate how much they are really worth? I know things are cyclical - is now a good time to sell? Thanks.

I sold my SO's comic books on ebay . You can get a pretty good idea of the prices checking out what they are selling for on ebay . Condition is important . Take pictures of the front & back covers and any flaws . There is a rating system on comic books which is explained by googling comic books . Each comic book also has a number on the cover . We sold all the books and made a decent profit . He had a Kiss comic book that had been one of his kids that sold for $125. The other books all sold for less.Any original superhero books especially some of the not widely known superheros go for top dollar . Good Luck!

Overstreet is a well respected price guide if your library has it. You can get an estimate if you can find your books listed on ebay. As you might expect condition is critical. Many high end books are getting graded to pull in the big bucks. I don't do much now with them but have a bunch that someday will sell to take a nice vacation once I am done w*rking next year. Hope this helps.

T-bird
Class of 2013

Back
Top Bottom