Baseball 2015

Except for the media coverage! I suppose we need to hold the media to a much lower standard than regular human beings.

Keith, what aspect of the coverage? Agree the TV coverage yesterday was pretty poor. Really seem to be catering to the American audience, I guess. Can't even pronounce
"Toronto".

Another step closer for the Cubbies!

Go Cubs Go. Schwarber clears the scoreboard.......................too fun.

Phase two complete. Tomorrow will be quite a day in old KC.

Google images for KC blue fountains. It's pretty cool.

Time to dance, just wish I knew how.

Steve Goodman is smiling down on Wrigley Field tonight!

I'm hoping game 5 of the playoffs between the Mets and Dodgers goes 21 innings before one of them plays the Cubs :D.

Wow! Jays pulled that out in a wild one. Total wierdness! I didn't think that they would be able to come back from 0-2 down.

Last edited:
Wild and crazy stuff. I bet those umps are relieved the Jays won. Great pitching tonight from the young Jays pitchers. Also from Hamels. And Joey Bats saving the day. Per usual.

Wild and crazy stuff. I bet those umps are relieved the Jays won. Great pitching tonight from the young Jays pitchers. Also from Hamels. And Joey Bats saving the day. Per usual.

Apparently the Texas governor didn't only jinx the Astros with his premature tweet... :)

Not as relieved as Russell Martin, hometown boy almost wore the horns! Apparently, umpires made the correct call although I suspect that if the Jays had lost, many would have taken exception to the home plate umpire coming out and waving his arms calling the play dead before the run scored and stopping the Jays from attempting to make a play, not that they could have stopped the run from scoring. In every other sport I can think of, if the official calls the play dead, it is over even if they called it dead in error. All's well that ends well as far as Toronto fans are concerned. Hard to argue that the Rangers deserved to win with the way they played. Aside from the pitchers who were quite good.

Oh, and you could sure tell that it was the American League, the bunting was atrocious. Had to feel for poor Delino DeShields, Jr.

Last edited:
So the championships are set now. The playoffs (in general) seem very different than the regular season. To me, anyway. You gotta feel for the fans of the teams that don't advance.

The couple that rent us an annual beach house are originally from southern IL and are devoted Cards fans. They sent a nice congrats email about the NLDS (genuine) and moved on to the nice improvements awaiting next summer. Class 😀.

I still think of Houston as an NL team. Can't shake the memories.

Last edited:
The Rangers choked like only they can do (well maybe the Cubs could do it too). 4 errors in one inning with only 3 innings to go to put the series away?

Reminds me of when they only needed 1 strike to win the World Series. One strike to 2 different batters and blew it both times.

HOWEVER, being a Houston native and following the Astro's since they were the Colt 45's (and the minor league Buff's before that) I've been disappointed many times before.

Not much has changed. As Yogi often said, it's like deja-vu, all over again. :nonono:

many would have taken exception to the home plate umpire coming out and waving his arms calling the play dead before the run scored and stopping the Jays from attempting to make a play
The main effect of that bizarre call was to get some US media coverage. Good outcome in spite of the ruling, thankfully.

First post-season win in 22 years being outshone by The Cubs! Go Cubs. Go Jays...

The Rangers choked like only they can do (well maybe the Cubs could do it too). 4 errors in one inning with only 3 innings to go to put the series away?

Reminds me of when they only needed 1 strike to win the World Series. One strike to 2 different batters and blew it both times.

Yes, must be disappointing if you are a Rangers fan. They really choked. Never seen so many errors at once. Looked bush league. On to KC. Would be nice if Price got back to form.

So the championships are set now. The playoffs (in general) seem very different than the regular season. To me, anyway. You gotta feel for the fans of the teams that don't advance.

The couple that rent us an annual beach house are originally from southern IL and are devoted Cards fans. They sent a nice congrats email about the NLDS (genuine) and moved on to the nice improvements awaiting next summer. Class 😀.

I still think of Houston as an NL team. Can't shake the memories.

I would bet that the Dodgers and Mets would disagree with your first stmt.... they play tonight...

I do not understand why you think the playoffs are different than the regular season.... KC was 1 and Toronto 2.... seems they were the best two teams...

St. Louis lost, but the #2 team can get in with a win tonight... that would be 3 of the 4 highest ranked teams.... and the Cubs won more games than some ranked higher than them....

Just saying the numbers do not support your feelings.... but who am I to say as I did not follow the season that much.....

I suppose I meant psychologically. Like when announcers use that well-worn oldie, "we've got a brand-new game!".

Regardless, it's a fun game.

Back
Top Bottom