Baseball 2015

It is so typical for a major league team from Houston.

Blue Jays really on a streak. Hottest team in Baseball since Aug 1. They are 35 games over 500 since July 29

Blue Jays have won 44 games since the All-Star break.
Rangers have won 42 games.

Both the Blue Jays and Rangers have won 16 games in Sept.
Texas leads Toronto by 1 run scored in Sept.
Texas has a team ERA of 3.60 in Sept
Toronto' s team ERA is 3.89 in Sept.

If Toronto doesn't end the season with a better record than KC (they are tied right now), then Toronto and Texas play in the first round (assuming Rangers hold off the Astros). So I will be rooting for Toronto for the next week and a half.

Well they won yesterday. Now I am afraid the Rangers will choke.

2 1/2 game lead with one week to go would take a massive choke, especially considering 3 of our games are against Detroit who is the second worst team in the AL and the absolute worst post All -Star game.

2 1/2 game lead with one week to go would take a massive choke, especially considering 3 of our games are against Detroit who is the second worst team in the AL and the absolute worst post All -Star game.

Yes, I know that, but I also thought the Rangers were going to win the world series a few years ago:facepalm:.

Yes, I know that, but I also thought the Rangers were going to win the world series a few years ago:facepalm:.

One strike away from winning it....twice. It still stings.

Rangers last 7 games are at home. Astros last 6 games are on the road where they are 29-46. I feel pretty good.

Rangers last 7 games are at home. Astros last 6 games are on the road where they are 29-46. I feel pretty good.

I was nervous about facing Verlander, and that one is done, so hopefully they can take the next two against the Tigers.

Still pulling for home field advantage for the Royals in the League series. With Ned Yost ensuring that the AL has home field for the big show it's fun to dream.

Time to dance, just wish I knew how.

Still pulling for home field advantage for the Royals in the League series. With Ned Yost ensuring that the AL has home field for the big show it's fun to dream.

Time to dance, just wish I knew how.

Sorry, but Im rooting against you. KC is not paying well at all and I would much rather have the Rangers play KC than Toronto in the first round (assuming the Rangers hold off the Angels and Astros).

Go Jays!! Clobbering Orioles to win division over the accursed Yankees. Hope they keep winning and stay ahead of the Royals to the end. They are playing well but a new season starts next week and regular season doesn't count anymore.

Blue Jays have won 44 games since the All-Star break.
Rangers have won 42 games.

Both the Blue Jays and Rangers have won 16 games in Sept.
Texas leads Toronto by 1 run scored in Sept.
Texas has a team ERA of 3.60 in Sept
Toronto' s team ERA is 3.89 in Sept.

If Toronto doesn't end the season with a better record than KC (they are tied right now), then Toronto and Texas play in the first round (assuming Rangers hold off the Astros). So I will be rooting for Toronto for the next week and a half.
Jays clinched yesterday. Probably will finish first in league. Maybe Texas and Toronto in league final? Toronto scored 17 runs yesterday. Really only caught fire in August. On July 29 they were 51-51.

Toronto has been pounding other teams with their offense all year, but their pitching was bad. They made some trades, mainly David Price, and now their pitching staff is pretty good. That's why they got so hot.

Rangers pulled off the improbable and clinched a playoff spot last night. One more win (or a loss by Houston) and we win the division. They were 8 games back on Aug 1st.

To make it even better, it was Josh Hamilton who helped deliver the knockout punch to the Angels (who are paying about $20 million of his salary for us)

Toronto has been pounding other teams with their offense all year, but their pitching was bad. They made some trades, mainly David Price, and now their pitching staff is pretty good. That's why they got so hot.

And they got Marcus Stroman back - 4-0 in September with ERA 1.67.

Not sure of the wisdom of not playing the starters in the last two games against Baltimore after clinching the division. Had a 2 game lead on KC and now tied although Jays hold the tie breaker. Hopefully doesn't come back to haunt them.

I'm not sure a more interesting last day of the season could have been drawn up for the American League.

None of the five playoff seedings is set. After an improbable 5-run Angels 9th inning against the Rangers on Saturday, three teams in AL West are dependent on the outcome of both their Sunday game and another game to determine their post-season fate. A 163rd-game tiebreaker game for either the AL West championship or a wild-card spot is a distinct possibility.

Over in the NL, the only drama is which team will host the wild card game.

Go 'stros.

LOOK: Each playoff scenario for the last (scheduled) day of the season - CBSSports.com

12066035_10205906136227552_4741536962742163415_n.jpg

Difficult to Predict World Series Champ

This might make you think the World Series title often goes to the team playing the best before the postseason begins — in other words, getting hot at the right time. (Video via Fox)

But even that claim isn't backed up by evidence. A 2009 analysis from Baseball Prospectus found basically no correlation between how well teams played in the run-up to the postseason, and whether or not they made it past the first round of the playoffs.

It's almost impossible to predict the World Series champ - + 38theSpot.com

Okay, so after reading this, I'm gonna say if the Cubbies can survive the 1 game wild card, hell will freeze over and they will go all the way!

Okay, so after reading this, I'm gonna say if the Cubbies can survive the 1 game wild card, hell will freeze over and they will go all the way!

Not making a prediction, but the path to the World Series passes through St. Louis!
Personally, I would prefer the Cardinals to face Chicago. The games are always fun. The fans are mutually cordial, and if the Cards happen to lose, I would rather support the Cubbies than Pittsburgh.

Go Cards!!

Back
Top Bottom