Best "value" in a luxury car

The other point about luxury cars, if you lease, especially if you can write it off, its no big stretch to drive a luxury car.

We're not an affluent area like the Woodlands. Nevertheless, there seem to be plenty of affluent drivers, and BMWs dominate. That's one brand you don't have to worry about being noticed here.

Of course they do...they have "exceptional deals" that are to be had. At least that's what they tell all the plebes on the incessant commercials.

I don't disagree with this, but it depends on how you characterize top of the line. Much of the in-car (interior) technology for which people are paying top dollar to have in cars will be (or already is) in your phone. I'd rather buy a luxury car that offers safety and/or performance features that aren't on Hondas. Then again, those will also become standard on lower tier, non luxury cars 3-5 years later (hence the trickle down of Acura tech into Hondas).

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Just curious what safety or performance features are you talking about?

Pretty wide range of luxury cars in my area, though BMWs and Lexuses (Lexi?) seem dominant. As I noted in my original post, I've been a Honda guy for years. At this point in my life, I'm inclined strongly to buy what I want, not just what I need. Luxury nameplates don't really impress anyone around here, but not driving a luxury car will draw negative attention in certain circles. If I had the garage space (i.e. 3-car garage), I would buy a classic luxury car for fun/appearances and another Honda for a daily driver. Unfortunately, I don't, so combining the two is my only practical option.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Uh oh, reading between the lines here but are you buying for show? Why would you care what others think about your vehicle?

I've had over 100 new cars and have had 3 Lexus' in recent years. We also have a Jag convertible, a new Explorer, a Civic SI and a diesel pickup.

I don't give a rat's tail whether an automobile is considered a luxury vehicle. Our Explorer is extremely nice, and it was $15K cheaper than a RX350 Lexus SUV.

I've got to where I drive vehicles that have very few mechanical problems and a very high resale value. (That doesn't include the Jag convertible bought cheap after it depreciated.)

Back
Top Bottom