Boat Clubs vs owning a Boat?

wallygator69

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi kids,

Back from month long tour of Florida. Jeesh ER is tough on the liver and brain cellss....

Anyone have any experience with Freedom Boat Clubs specifically or any with Boat Clubs in general.

FIRE in Myrtle Beach is great but I miss my Boat and it is very tough and expensive to get a Wet or Dry Slip or even storage. Add in the cost of the boat, maintainance and convenience...

http://www.freedomboatclub.com/AboutUs/tabid/38/Default.aspx

They just opened a new club at a Marina 5 minutes from my house and next to my favorite Happy Hour Tiki Bar.

You get 4 reservations on the books at a time. Can even get 4 reservations at any Boat Club in any City in a year. You pick it up, use it and frop it off. Pay for gas and your on your way. They clean it up and do all maintainance. I would primarily use it on week days so acess shouldn't be a problem.

Cost is not insignificant significant but from past ownership experiece it really doesn't seem that bad.. Best deal is the more cash up front. Best "deal" is $15900 up front for 5 years and $75.00 a month. Avearges out to $4080/year.

Anyone?

As always thanks for the input.

W

I looked into it last year (they're still sending emails).

It isn't for me because:
You need to pick up and drop off daily at their marina.

I have a boat slips (but no boat) and when I asked if I could keep a boat overnight... :eek: :eek: :eek:

no way

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom