Buy (new to me) boat or join a boat club

Yeah, a hole in the water to toss cash into.

I'm on my sixth boat now and selling boat #5.

The little outboard that will power the tender for boat #6 is in the shed.

The tender will be boat #7.

Yeah, I got's me a serious boat jones - :)

I have had a runabout on the family cottage lake since I was 9.

Attachments

• Boating.jpg
    Boating.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 30
Good thing about the boat not being damaged. Your electronics survived fine ?

They seem to be working fine at the dock. With all the debris in the water I havnt been out yet.

I just replaced all the electronics just before the storm, Chartplotter, autopilot, and radar.

Yeah, a hole in the water to toss cash into.

I'm on my sixth boat now and selling boat #5.

The little outboard that will power the tender for boat #6 is in the shed.

The tender will be boat #7.

Yeah, I got's me a serious boat jones - :)

I knew I liked you...lol
We just sold #3, not counting tenders, looking to move up once I retire. Plus, get a smaller center console for fishing.
Mathematically insane, but since I LOVE IT, it doesn't matter.

There's an old saying among wealthy: Have a friend with a boat"

The original owner of my boat used it as a tender. To replace my boat today would cost $400k - $500k, and there is a two year wait. It’s a Intrepid and evidently it’s popular among the wealthy for this. I have no idea how big the mothership was as my boat is 32’ long.

I’m lucky in that my total boat spend is only $3K/year all-in. Have a 22 foot Cape Dory sailboat. I’m on Long Island Sound in CT. That includes winter storage at yacht club, yacht club fees (beer and butt club), summer at town marina (after 10 year wait list), commissioning, and incidentals. Recently got new outboard for $2K. And prob spent another $2K on upgrades since 2014. Yeah I may need to spend $3K on sails in the future. I do all my own work, enjoy it. Feel blessed that it’s available for me to enjoy…

Back
Top Bottom