can anyone identify the artist?

WM

Full time employment: Posting here.
I think this is a long shot, but people here seem to have the answers to everything else, so I figured I'd give it a try ;)

This is a print given to us as a wedding present from good friend who bought it while traveling through the southwest about 12 years ago. He bought it at a gallery in AZ or NM, we think. It came with a "certificate of authenticity" that we lost, and I can't read the artist's signature.

Attachments

• DSCN1308.jpg
    DSCN1308.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 24
Do you know the location of the scene? Looks like saguaro cactus, state flower of Arizona. There may be parts of Tucson that look like that? Hopefully one of the people here who lives in the Southwest may have an idea. Can you take a close up of the signature, I don't see it at all.

Saguaro Cactus (DesertUSA)

Good thought - here's a picture of the signature. It seems to have two signatures. I'm guessing because it's a print? So it was signed once on the original and then signed again as a numbered print. Or that's my best guess, anyway...

Our friend bought it when he was driving around the country for a year, and DH and I both think he got it in AZ, but it's been so long we don't really remember. I believe it was a gallery dedicated to the work of this one artist, though, so I thought there might be a chance of someone being familiar with this "look."

Attachments

• DSCN1317.JPG
    DSCN1317.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 6
Looks like Az with the suguaros. The painting looks a little more mountainous than the Phoenix metro area. Several galleries in Phoenix, Scottsdale, and a few in Sedona have these striking sunrise /sunset paintings. I havent been to any galleries having works by a single artist. There is one gallery - Work of Artists http://www.workofartists.com/
that I believe has numbered prints. Maybe they can help you.

Thanks, Ronstar, that's a good idea to contact galleries. I emailed the one you mentioned, I'll see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom