Can't Spell "Dog"

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I was surprised to see a Craigslist ad for a free "dogg." Aren't the first two words someone learns to spell "dog" and "cat?"

fixed doggs w/shots and fixed to good home

brown lab and pit/ridgeback mix. Love my doggs but I have to move. Lab is a lover and pit/ridgeback is guard dogg.

This is the reason I avoid the pet section of craiglist--too depressing when you've worked in rescue for a while. Stupid people who "love their dogs but are moving/having a kid/going to prison" suck at more than their spelling ability.

Our local paper has run an ad for a Yorkshire Terror for a few weeks. Now a new ad is running for a Peacup Poodle.

Our local paper has run an ad for a Yorkshire Terror for a few weeks. Now a new ad is running for a Peacup Poodle.

The "Yorkshire Terror" might not be a misprint.:LOL: I have a Silky (part Yorkie) and TERROR could be their middle name.:ROFLMAO:

I was surprised to see a Craigslist ad for a free "dogg." Aren't the first two words someone learns to spell "dog" and "cat?"

brown lab and pit/ridgeback mix. Love my doggs but I have to move. Lab is a lover and pit/ridgeback is guard dogg.

looks like bad newz to me....:whistle:

Maybe they're related to the Clampett klan...Hooooo Doggies!

Last edited:
I´ve recently been presented wth a 2 month old kitten that scares the s**t out of my 7 year old 44 kg Belgium shepherd.

Not trying to make excuses, but since it was 'dogg', it was probably somebody typing tooo fasttt and nott proofreadingg theirr postt.

Not trying to make excuses, but since it was 'dogg', it was probably somebody typing tooo fasttt and nott proofreadingg theirr postt.

But according to Al's post, they mis-spelled it consistently, 3 times. If it was only once, I'd agree with you...

Some people just don't care about spelling.

Often, the same people just don't care about vocabulary development, either. I had a blue and gold macaw with a vocabulary of over 1,000 words, that it used in meaningful ways and sometimes in short sentences that it learned by rote. That was pretty cool, especially when I read that the vocabulary of many Americans (people) is not much bigger than that. :facepalm:

It's D a w g.
The Urban Dictionary distinguishes between the two. Look for them in the updated Scrabble edition of your local Oxford English Dictionary (unabridged).

Urban Dictionary: dogg

Some people just don't care about spelling.
Often, the same people just don't care about vocabulary development, either.
...the vocabulary of many Americans (people) is not much bigger than that. :facepalm:
Hey, a small vocabulary can be a good way to get through the workday, especially if you're tired!

When our kid was about three years old I realized that there's not much difference between the number of words I used for submarine watchstanding and parenting. Sometimes they were even the same words...

What do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs do in the wee small hours of the morn?

Lie awake and ponder the existence of dog.

ta,
mew

W2R, I had no idea you had a macaw! How cool. I guess that I just thought of you as a non pet owner since you'd never mentioned wanting to get a dog or cat like so many of the rest of us crazy people.
Wow, how long did you have the bird? And did you teach it all those words? Neato!

W2R, I had no idea you had a macaw! How cool. I guess that I just thought of you as a non pet owner since you'd never mentioned wanting to get a dog or cat like so many of the rest of us crazy people.
Wow, how long did you have the bird? And did you teach it all those words? Neato!

My ex and I had four macaws (and two dozen parakeets, 500+ gallons of saltwater aquariums, a green snake, freshwater aquarium and more). It took me 35 minutes in the morning to feed the animals and water the houseplants. What a zoo! :) But it wasn't enough for my daughter - - she secretly bought a hamster with her allowance, and hid it from us in her closet for weeks when she was about 11! :rolleyes: We had the macaws for about 15 years and my ex has them now. We didn't want to split them up.

Some macaws are just good at talking - - Lucy (the blue and gold macaw with the huge vocabulary) was very smart. She picked up a lot of words, all from us, since she was a baby when we got her. One of our other macaws could only say "hello!". Oddly, he was my favorite, not Lucy.

Having had all these pets for so many years I am keenly aware of the responsibility of pet ownership and I don't take it lightly. Until last year my job required a lot of traveling, and I live alone, so I didn't want a pet. Now, I know I will be moving next year so the time still isn't right. Maybe I will get a pet after I retire. Frank and I both love cats, and toy poodles :smitten:, but neither of us has a pet right now.

Last edited:

Maybe it's to emphasize that it's in the plural?

Back
Top Bottom