cheapest way to self publish? blurb.com?

eyeonFI

Recycles dryer sheets
So a few days ago, my 6 year old, who until now has told me he "hates school" and "hates writing," decided to write a book. He worked on it for a few days, and then asked me if he could have it published. Seeing as I'm now retired and have time for this sort of thing :), I told him I would look into it, and he's very excited.

Obviously this is not a money making venture. Or at least, I don't think so; my budding author is already making plans to hawk his book to his friends during recess :D. I think the "market" extends to grandma and maybe a couple of aunts. I foresee printing 5-10 copies, max. A quick google turned up blurb.com -- looks like I might be able to get his book printed for <$10 each. Anybody have experience with blurb? or another website that would be good for this kind of thing?

Thanks!

I have used Blurb many times over the past 5-6 years and have been very happy with the results. Of course, I use Lightroom which creates the Blurb book as part of the normal workflow so I may be a little biased. I have also tried AdoramaPix (https://www.adoramapix.com/app/home) and can highly recommend them also.

I've had small runs of books done by cafepress.com in the past. They did nice work for me.

Like RonBoyd I've used blurb.com in the past printing picture books done up in Lightroom (a photo processing application) of family gatherings such as Thanksgiving or Christmas. Lightroom has a module that allows you to compose the books and then upload to blurb. Although somewhat slow (two weeks or so) unless you pay extra for faster I've been happy with their product. The books are very popular with family.

Thanks for posting this. I don't have any immediate ideas for a book, but this is so cheap, I could see where it could be fun to have a small book made for any sort of special event, or just for the fun of it.

To the OP, I think your 6 year old would really get a kick out of this.

-ERD50

We use Blurb regularly for creating photo books of vacation trips and are very satisfied. It would work fine for a non-photo book as well.

Back
Top Bottom