Cheery Police Story........

Who needs LTC insurance or assisted living when you can just have the police come and fix you dinner and tuck you in? ;)

Tangomonster, contemplating a move to Madison, Wisconsin where the police really care!

Gonna have to have the gal's Mom buck up and quit being such a wimp - she lives on her own out in the desert, but we have people there every day. Almost 94 - looks to me like we should be able to drop care for a number of years - will hold this woman up as an example she should emulate.

what a great story. you sparked a nice memory.
when tragedy struck, i would turn the phone off for a few hours just to get some rest. i would call 2 friends first and let them know. well, a high school friend who lived in NJ couldn't reach me for a few days, so she panicked and called the NYS Troopers, who called the County Sheriff... who showed up, knocked, rang doorbell, had no answer so they scaled my locked 6' wooden fence and scared the **** out of me by shining a high intensity flashlight through my bedroom window at 11 PM. 2 Sheriffs, 2 cars.
the Sheriffs were very nice, talked to me for a half hour or so, and then 1 of them promptly backed over my mailbox when leaving. the young male Sheriff had to call his supervisor to report damage to the police car. so we waited 30 more minutes for him to arrive. they straightened out the mailbox and offered to pay for it. i declined cuz it was just a PT post sunk into a bucket of concrete dug down in a hole and it was fine.
we 3 had a good laugh over that. :D

Back
Top Bottom