Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Martha said:
I want a president that will not turn his back on genocide in Rwanda and now Darfur.  Did Africa fall off the map?

Are Rwanda and Darfur important to UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan? He hasn't done anything either and he is African. I would think he could do just as much if not more than Bush.

retire@40 said:
Are Rwanda and Darfur important to UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan?  He hasn't done anything either and he is African.  I would think he could do just as much if not more than Bush.

Really. The UN's inaction is inexcusable.

saluki9 said:
The thing that makes me love GWB is not the tax cuts, not the war on terrorists, and not his attempt to repeal the estate tax. What makes me really love him is how mad he makes leftists.

Hey, saluki, you came pretty close to my feelings about Bush: I like him 1/3 for killing terrorists, 1/3 for pissing off leftists, and 1/3 for effect ;)

Of course, that leaves out a number of reasons to dislike him, but it's still funny ;) :LOL:

The fourth third?

Is that like Robert Bolt's "third alternative"?

/dorky reference ;)

Cool Dood said:
saluki9 said:
The thing that makes me love GWB is not the tax cuts, not the war on terrorists, and not his attempt to repeal the estate tax. What makes me really love him is how mad he makes leftists.

Hey, saluki, you came pretty close to my feelings about Bush: I like him 1/3 for killing terrorists, 1/3 for pissing off leftists, and 1/3 for effect ;)

Of course, that leaves out a number of reasons to dislike him, but it's still funny ;) :LOL:

I'm telling you man, he's great. I consider myself a conservative, not a republican. I almost didn't vote on election day because I do think that Bush (congress really, but he's not stopping them) are spending like drunken sailors. I was the most pi$$ed about the medicare drug giveaway.

But the one thing that made me get out and vote is how the mere mention of his name make liberals within 1000 miles get their panties all in a bunch. I just love it!

saluki9 said:
Cool Dood said:
saluki9 said:

I'm telling you man, he's great. I consider myself a conservative, not a republican. I almost didn't vote on election day because I do think that Bush (congress really, but he's not stopping them) are spending like drunken sailors. I was the most pi$$ed about the medicare drug giveaway.

But the one thing that made me get out and vote is how the mere mention of his name make liberals within 1000 miles get their panties all in a bunch. I just love it!

Yeah, he has a pretty amazing power. I've seen leftists in Canada -- a different country! -- go stark-raving mad over some small domestic policy in the U.S. because Bush endorsed it. I wish I could telepathically induce strong emotional responses, sweating, swearing, etc., in people hundreds of miles away ;)

Cool Dood said:
Martha said:
I prefer the Fifth Third.  As in the bank. 

I prefer the third fifth, as in when I start to notice a buzz ;)

Another funny historical reference. Fifth Third Bank was created through the merger of Third National Bank and Fifth National Bank. It decided not to be Third Fifth Bank because of the potential alcohol reference.

When doing employee ranking and rating (annual performance reviews), we used to put people in quartiles. Once we had a guy that sucked so badly, we broke the group into fifths so we could put him in his own fifth at the bottom and not taint any of the sucky but not so bad fourth quartilers.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
When doing employee ranking and rating (annual performance reviews), we used to put people in quartiles. Once we had a guy that sucked so badly, we broke the group into fifths so we could put him in his own fifth at the bottom and not taint any of the sucky but not so bad fourth quartilers.

That brings a whole new meaning to the term "fifth fourth".

Nobody puts panties in a bunch like Bill Clinton :LOL:. Out of office for 6 (count 'em!) years, and he's still making opposition pundits--and forum participants--crazy. I sincerely doubt that anyone will be talking or even thinking of Bush Jr in 2014. Unless he's doing something really dumb at that time...like trying to speak English...

astromeria said:
I sincerely doubt that anyone will be talking or even thinking of Bush Jr in 2014. Unless he's doing something really dumb at that time...like trying to speak English...

Like lying in English? Under oath?

Hey, I'll still be saying "nucular" and "strategery" in 2014.

justin said:
At what age does one generally acquire "enough experience of the world" to be able to say stuff with merit, like you do?  40?  50?  60?

65 Justin, the rest of you shut the **** up!  :)

Ha

saluki9 said:
Cool Dood said:
I wish I could telepathically induce strong emotional responses, sweating, swearing, etc., in people hundreds of miles away ;)
But the one thing that made me get out and vote is how the mere mention of his name make liberals within 1000 miles get their panties all in a bunch.  I just love it!

Mature adults try to improve circumstances constructively.  How does anyone benefit from attitudes as childish as these?

Non sequitur said:

Mature adults try to improve circumstances constructively. How does anyone benefit from attitudes as childish as these?

Maybe, but immature adults have a laugh at the expense of idiots, or just people with whom they disagree. ;)

Nobody has endorsed my constitutional amendment to ban BJs? And I thought I had a solid platform.

BoV, you need a good slogan, something like "But won't somebody think of the children?!" ;)

justin said:
Hey, I'll still be saying "nucular" and "strategery" in 2014.

I guess since the office of the presidency has devolved, so has/will the English language. :D

wow, I found this one a bit late! Must be because I'm a bit slow....I'm only 22!!!!!!!!! :eek:

vagabond said:
I guess since the office of the presidency has devolved, so has/will the English language. :D

Hey, it all started with Clinton. Is? What does "is" mean? Is?

Back on another thread a few days ago I asked a question:

http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php?topic=7977.msg143425#msg143425

. . . Although I don't understand it, I have come to expect it. It is a well-used manuever from the Karl Rove playbook: "If the administration is caught screwing-up, attack Bill or Hillary." It is an interesting strategy. Why would anyone find this argument appealing?
While I still don't understand the "why", this thread has certainly answered the "who". Thank-you. :) :D :D

Back
Top Bottom