Comments to "W" from Bill Maher

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
And I think he's just ****ing with you guys...

Ding! Ding! Ding! Let's see what he won...

Or I'm an immature idiot 26 year old. Actually I'm 25 still (even more immature ::) ). Yes, I lied on my profile to conceal my true birthday. I wasn't under oath, however.

In reality, I don't care what ole Slick Willy did with his girlfriend in the oval office. I just like throwing rhetoric out there. Seems like an appropriate response to anything that Bill Maher might have to say. It's no worse than any other one-sided political debate here regarding how stupid W is, or the war in Iraq.

If I had to redo my 2000 and 2004 votes knowing what I know now, I'd still vote for Bush. I prefer what he has done as compared to what Al "the intarnet" Gore or John Heinz-Kerry would have done. Liberals, rest assured, like you I'm also hoping for a better Republican candidate in '08. Heck, I may even turn coats and vote for a dem if I like their platform.

I did get CT to break and start using ad hominem attacks against me. Do I win the debate ;) Or do I get banned for being a Troll? :D

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I dont know, but I'm gonna bet you'd lie about whether you are or not.
I think your lyin'.  You couldn't find anybody to take that bet.   :)

sgeeeee said:
Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I dont know, but I'm gonna bet you'd lie about whether you are or not.
I think your lyin'. You couldn't find anybody to take that bet. :)

Bettin' and lyin'. Where are our morals, gentlemen?

justin said:
I did get CT to break and start using ad hominem attacks against me.  Do I win the debate ;)  Or do I get banned for being a Troll?   :D

Justin, we've assigned a special investigator moderator to your account.  CT will be with you shortly.  Please stand by for further instructions.  In the event of an emergency, proceed to the nearest shelter and take cover.  ;)

justin said:
Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
And I think he's just ****ing with you guys...

Ding! Ding! Ding! Let's see what he won...

Or I'm an immature idiot 26 year old. Actually I'm 25 still (even more immature ::) ). Yes, I lied on my profile to conceal my true birthday. I wasn't under oath, however.

In reality, I don't care what ole Slick Willy did with his girlfriend in the oval office. I just like throwing rhetoric out there. Seems like an appropriate response to anything that Bill Maher might have to say. It's no worse than any other one-sided political debate here regarding how stupid W is, or the war in Iraq.

If I had to redo my 2000 and 2004 votes knowing what I know now, I'd still vote for Bush. I prefer what he has done as compared to what Al "the intarnet" Gore or John Heinz-Kerry would have done. Liberals, rest assured, like you I'm also hoping for a better Republican candidate in '08. Heck, I may even turn coats and vote for a dem if I like their platform.

I did get CT to break and start using ad hominem attacks against me. Do I win the debate ;) Or do I get banned for being a Troll? :D

Break? - You broke on your first post!

The beatings will continue unless morals improve...  :p

I don't get my political views from comedians, whether Bill Maher, George Carlin, or Ted Kennedy...  ::)

Clinton lied, and under oath. He was impeached, but there was no chance in hell he'd lose the vote and be removed from office, just as there's no chance in hell an amendment banning gay marriage will ever pass. I wish the f*** they'd quit wasting time on this BS... :mad:

Now back to "Crossfire"... ;)

HFWR said:
. . .I wish the f*** they'd quit wasting time on this BS...  :mad:

Now back to "Crossfire"...  ;)
I think the networks request these kinds of debates when they are short on reality shows to run during the week. :-\

I never met anyone 25 years old who'd had enough experience of the world to say anything of any merit whatsoever.

In your case, Justin, I have to assume anyone who's 25 and a neocon has serious emotional issues.

alphabet soup said:
. . . I have to assume anyone who's 25 and a neocon has serious emotional issues.
. . . or was born incredibly wealthy. This neo-con administration is of the wealthy elite, by the wealthy elite and for the wealthy elite. I understand why billionaires would support them. :)

alphabet soup said:
In your case, Justin, I have to assume anyone who's 25 and a neocon has serious emotional issues.

I'm not sure I'd call myself a neocon. But I do have serious emotional issues with Clinton lying. Under oath!

I did receive a significant tax cut since GWB took office. I found a good white collar j*b. I've been able to support my family. Of course no one seems to give credit when/where credit is due.

Luckily, this IS America after all, and I get one vote just like you do.

alphabet soup said:
"I never met anyone 25 years old who'd had enough experience of the world to say anything of any merit whatsoever."

This statement isn't surprising. You probably don't think anyone that is to the right of middle or younger or older than you has anything to say of any merit whatsoever. You've made a very broad generalization there. Any merit whatsoever? None?

Maybe we should raise the voting age to 26, just to make sure none of my fellow under-25 know-nothings taint your elections with their ignorance. I will have to warn you, I'm turning 26 soon, so you might want to go ahead and prevent anyone under 27 from voting. For democracy.

By the way, since you obviously have "had enough experience of the world" to be able to say stuff with some degree of merit, I have a simple question for you. At what age does one generally acquire "enough experience of the world" to be able to say stuff with merit, like you do? 40? 50? 60?

Cut-Throat said:
justin said:
You forgot to bring up the war in Iraq, Cut-throat.    ;)

He did lie though...

You didn't answer the question. - Which was - Why was Clinton put under Oath and what did having an affair with Monica have to do with it?  And please try to explain to me why this investigation was anything other than a political witch-hunt?  A little different than the needless war in Iraq where folks are actually dying!

I'll wait while you Google this bit of info and then you can get back to me.

Cut Throat,

Sorry, I used to be a federal employee.  If I had done what he did, I would have been fired.  If I had lied about it, I would have been fired.  That's why it's a big deal.  It was not a witch hunt.  I do not understand why people try to minimize that.  If you think that Bush has done something that is worthy of impeachment, then have at him, but don't try to say that Clinton did nothing compared to what Bush has done.  How can you say what Clinton did  is irrelevant but what Bush has done is not?  By the way, before you assume I am a Bush supporter, it might interest you to know that I did not vote for him in the last election.

setab

If I had done what he did, I would have been fired.

Please tell me what he did.

BTW - It is irrelevant, because Clinton has not been president for 6 years, this thread was about Bush's incompetency, not about Clinton. If you want to discuss Clinton Lying, just start another thread. Just because Clinton may have lied does not not excuse Bush for running the country in the ditch. They're not related at all! :confused:

Cut-Throat said:

BTW - It is irrelevant, because Clinton has not been president for 6 years, this thread was about Bush's incompetency, not about Clinton. If you want to discuss Clinton Lying, just start another thread.  Just because Clinton may have lied does not not excuse Bush for running the country in the ditch. They're not related at all! :confused:

The thread is about much more than Bush, as evidenced by the continual references to Clinton. Clinton had sex with a subordinate in his work place...the oval office. Then he lied about the incident. If I had had sex with a subordinate in my office and lied about it, I would have been fired. Simple as that. I am not trying to excuse Bush, but I am not trying to exonerate Clinton either.

setab

setab said:
Cut-Throat said:

BTW - It is irrelevant, because Clinton has not been president for 6 years, this thread was about Bush's incompetency, not about Clinton. If you want to discuss Clinton Lying, just start another thread. Just because Clinton may have lied does not not excuse Bush for running the country in the ditch. They're not related at all! :confused:

The thread is about much more than Bush, as evidenced by the continual references to Clinton. Clinton had sex with a subordinate in his work place...the oval office. Then he lied about the incident. If I had had sex with a subordinate in my office and lied about it, I would have been fired. Simple as that. I am not trying to excuse Bush, but I am not trying to exonerate Clinton either.

setab

Nothing illegal about Clinton having sex with a subordinate in his workplace. It was consensual. That was not the reason for investigation BTW.

The only people that referenced Clinton were the Bush defenders. Not relevant to Bush performance. They might be better served instead of saying 'Cinton lied' by saying "Hoover was worse" - Which I would disagree with, but at least the conversation would be relevant.

I don't listen to Bill Maher for the same reason I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh. Both have political views that are so extreme that I can't find any entertainment from either one. The only difference is that Bill Maher delivers his message as a comedian and Rush delivers his message as a..........hmmmmmm.......not sure what he is, a self proclaimed expert of politics I guess.   

Nothing illegal? I'm not so sure of that. Would it have gotten any other federal employee fired? Absolutely. Lying under oath, BTW, is illegal.

setab

setab said:
Nothing illegal? I'm not so sure of that. Would it have gotten any other federal employee fired? Absolutely. Lying under oath, BTW, is illegal.

setab

Lying, lying, lying -- yes I know ::) - Can you move on.

You said what he did was illegal - All of legal pundits at the time agreed that he didn't do anything illegal.

The case started out about 'Whitewater' which was a witch hunt by Ken Starr - A big waste of money for nothing! There was nothing that was done that was illegal. The Investigation is what caused the crime. "Lying under oath" - The Prosecuters were the ones that should have been locked up!

Justin,
I will admit my remarks were harsh. They sound like an indictment of a whole generation. But, in fact, they are an indictment of a woefully inadequate educational system.

Some years ago, I recall a survey of American high school seniors revealed over 60% couldn't find, or identify, places like France, Scotland or Nicaragua on a map. American students consistently scored near the bottom in subjects like science, history, and math.

You, by virtue of nothing but your age, are likely the product of this system.

You may not know, understand or recognize the symptoms of a fascist goverment. Your comments suggest you're enamored of this administration because of tax cuts and a job. Are you aware of the financial train wreck that's coming? That is, if our environment doesn't kill us first?
Do you care?

There are a good many over 40 who know little or nothing of world history. You ,because of your age, have the chance to learn a few things. Maybe it's not too late to help bring about change.

Things are a lot worse than you can imagine. Don't think trading the liberty of your family is worth the new plasma TV you just bought on credit.  It's not.

By throwing up Clinton whenever legitimate concerns are expressed about this person in the white house, you reveal either your ignorance of what's going on or a simple desire to parrot the right wing shills you watch on FOXNews.

Clinton's no longer in office.
Get over it.

justin said:
I'm not sure I'd call myself a neocon.  But I do have serious emotional issues with Clinton lying.  Under oath! 
I thought you just told us you were yanking our chain -- just a couple of posts ago. You started it off with the DING DING DING. :LOL:

I did receive a significant tax cut since GWB took office.
Maybe. But you might want to give some thought about that. In many states, reduced federal funding brought on by federal "tax cuts" have resulted in required state and local tax increases that are greater than the federal tax cuts. But even if that's not the case for you, you might question whether a "tax cut" without a spending cut is really anything more than a tax deferral. Someone's got to pay that deficit off eventually -- with interest. An interesting point to remember about that tax deferral is that the tax rates have been reduced more for the extremely wealthy than for the middle class. So when the time comes to pay off the deficit, guess who gets to pay more than they would have prior to those tax cuts?

sgeeeee said:
I thought you just told us you were yanking our chain -- just a couple of posts ago. You started it off with the DING DING DING. :LOL:

He's lying.

I think you are too.

I'd bet on it.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
He's lying.

I think you are too.

I'd bet on it.
I knew it. . . and this was just the confirmation we needed to impeach him. :D

alphabet soup said:
I never met anyone 25 years old who'd had enough experience of the world to say anything of any merit whatsoever.

Wow, I really hesitate to criticize another here, but that may be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on the internet. That says a lot

You will be sure to inform out soldiers returning from overseas that their life experiences don't justify an opinion yet

If I had had sex with a subordinate in my office and lied about it, I would have been fired.  Simple as that. 
setab

How can you work under such oppressive conditions? You should retire or find another occupation. ::)

Cut-Throat said:
setab said:
Nothing illegal?  I'm not so sure of that.  Would it have gotten any other federal employee fired?  Absolutely.  Lying under oath, BTW, is illegal.

setab

Lying, lying, lying -- yes I know ::)  - Can you move on.

You said what he did was illegal  - All of legal pundits at the time agreed that he didn't do anything illegal.

The case started out about 'Whitewater' which was a witch hunt by Ken Starr - A big waste of money for nothing! There was nothing that was done that was illegal. The Investigation is what caused the crime. "Lying under oath" - The Prosecuters were the ones that should have been locked up!

Is it too late now?

Back
Top Bottom