computer sound problem

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
My laptop is not producing sound for most applications: youtube.

Did produce sound for MSNBC video.

Help!
Dell Inspiron E1705 XP3

You may have an icon at the bottom right of your toolbar that shows a speaker. Double click on that and a window will pop up...make sure all the volume sliders are turned up to whatever level you want.

If that doesn't work, go to start...control panel...sounds and audio devices..click on the volume tab at the top of the screen, then click the advance button. Then set the volume level where you want it.

I also have a Dell laptop, Inspiron B130. I've noticed a few of the youtube clips posted here are very muted, i.e. barely audible. Anyone else notice this?
I have the speaker output setting on the desktop cranked to the maximum. I also set the audio bar in the youtube sub-window to the highest. No difference.
If I go directly to youtube, most play fine and I have to turn the speakers down. It is random and I thought perhaps it was a problem with the audio recorded in the video file itself. :confused:

I had a volume problem while using my daughters laptop the other day,when i asked her why i couldnt get any volume she smugly told me to either use headphones or unplug them from the jack:blush: Problem solved.

It once took me several days of troubleshooting to discover that the physical volume control wheel on the side of my computer had been turned down. When I solved a similar problem for a friend, they thought I was a genius.

Yo Khan - I figured it out.
I'm using Windows XP OS.
Under Control Panel, go to Sounds and Audio Devices. Click and look at the top set of Tabs. Click on Audio tab. You will see 3 separate settings for sound devices - Sound Playback, Sound Recording, and MIDI music playback.
Click on Volume for Sound Playback, turn it up.
Click on MIDI music playback, turn it up.
Ignore the volume on Sound Recording unless you use that.
Click OK to save new volume settings.
Double check your sound setting if you have that icon on your desktop bar. Turn it up.
I played a youtube clip posted here (Parenthood movie clip) that used it be very muted. Not any more. :cool:
Did that work for you?

The problem seems to be that youtube is set at minimum volume(mute). I have to turn it up for each video.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom