Doris Day passed away at 97 today .. RIP

Grew up with "Que Sera, Sera" from the TV show that she was unknowingly signed to do and subsequently had to do because of money issues. The song occasionally recurs as an ear-worm, as it does appropriately now today. Such a long and productive career. RIP.

Peggy Lipton passed a few days ago too at 72.

Both Peggy Lipton and Doris Day were real cuties back in the day. RIP.

"The Man Who Knew Too Much" with Doris Day and James Stewart was a great movie.

Now I have children of my own
They ask their mother, "What will I be?"
"Will I be handsome, will I be rich?"
I tell them tenderly

What a huge loss. She was an incredible person/talent, not just for her movies but her work as a musician, and also she was very, very dedicated to animal rights.

I know I've posted this before, but some may enjoy it. Doris and Johnny.

Wow. For some reason I thought she had already passed. RIP

Happens to me all the time hearing that someone has passed already thinking they had already passed. Also, there are times when hearing about how someone is doing only to swear I'd seen the news of them passing away prior.

I think sometimes, celebs might have an illness and let the public know they are in declining health. But that registers in my mind that they passed away. So when they do pass on, my mind gets tricked into thinking they already had passed.

Doris Day brings back memories of my childhood as I was still in grade school seeing some of her old movies (Pillow Talk, with Rock Hudson, Tony Randall) and The Doris Day show. Also she was good in that movie with Jimmy Stewart. I forget the name. I think a Hitchcock movie.

I thought Sophia Loren was no longer but she seems to be doing ok.

What a loss. I had such a crush on her as a kid. She will be missed...

DD was very pretty, but that song....my mother used to sing it to me, and the words annoyed me. I wanted to know why the mother in the song wasn't more encouraging, and how a mother couldn't tell if her own child was going to be pretty. I was a terribly analytical child.

I remembered something I learned a while ago. Lots of people give nicknames to good friends in a playful way.

Rock Hudson, who starred with Doris in those romantic comedies, called her “Eunice”.

"Send Me No Flowers". That was the movie I remember the most with her and Rock Hudson.

It was a time when sex in the movies was hinted at an adults understood. The plots were simple, sometime there was music. There were laughs and mostly there were no political messages in the there and you left feeling good.. In their simplicity there was greatness.

I jumped on AMC thinking tribute (Glass Bottom Boat, Pillow Talk) and I was disappointed perhaps today..

She didn't smoke or drink and was a vegetarian. Ways to extend life.

Just read that she will not have a funeral, memorial or marker. Once again, important to have wishes spelled out ahead of time so that can be honored at time of death. She was the first celebrity I remember outspoken about the rights of animals as she just loved her dogs.

Doris Day won’t be having a funeral after she died at the age of 97.
The legendary Hollywood star, who died on Monday morning, made her wishes clear in her will, her manager and close friend Bob Bashara tells PEOPLE. “No funeral, no memorial and no [grave] marker,” Bashara says.
In addition to saying Day didn’t “like to talk about” a prospective funeral or memorial, Bashara explains, “She didn’t like death, and she couldn’t be with her animals if they had to be put down. She had difficulty accepting death.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ce...er-she-didnt-like-death/ar-AABjXID?li=BBnb7Kz

Born the same year as my dad. Out lasted him by 17 years. Her movies were the super clean entertainment when I was in grade school. I liked her then but still though that the movies were corny. I was watching a series called 1969 recently and learned that her son Terry Melcher as a record producer who was friends with Dennis Wilson. There we some interesting connections.

Back
Top Bottom