Eating out !!

Here is my favorite reasonably priced restaurant in Bradenton,Fl . The Anna Marie Oyster Bar . The food is great . The prices are reasonable and they always have specials .

Thanks Moemg - we posted 2 of Anna Maria places in Bradenton under the Florida list with menu, hours, good to knows and your recommendation. Looks great - love fried seafood.

We eat out randomly....sometimes breakfast, sometimes lunch, sometimes dinner. Almost always at locally owned joints....we're not into "chain" restaurants at all. We'll be sitting around and just decide spur of the moment, "hey, let's go eat at _________"! Monday for lunch we went to a little neighborhood convenience store that has a little lunch kitchen in the back of the store and a half dozen tables....and REALLY good hot sandwiches!!!

A lot of times we just get tired of cooking, and so we head out to a restaurant instead. However, we do eat most of our meals at home.

There's a family-owned 'family' restaurant a few blocks from home that we go to fairly often. They know us, and we know them and their families quite well. They have a wide variety of things on the menu to choose from...American, Mexican, Italian, Albanian, even a little Chinese! If ya can't find something there to suit your fancy, you just ain't hungry! The food is always excellent, the service is fantastic, and the prices are very reasonable!!!

Eating out cheaply is a passion for Roxanne and I!

We are creating lists of pretty good cheap eats places by city on our blog - Frugal Danny & Roxanne's Eating Good On The Cheap as a hobby and to support some charities through the advertising.

If you got any suggestions please send them to me or post them here.

Thank you!

Danny

I saw your St. Paul list and think you need to add some more ethnic varieties. I like Trieu Chau, on University and near Dale. A hole in the wall Vietnamese restaurant in a bad neighbor but the food is excellent, inexpensive, and the owners and servers are great.

Also, there is an Ethiopian restaurant on Snelling a couple of blocks north of University. Good and fun food. Sorry, I can't remember the name.

I really wish restaurants would cut back on the portions . I end up with take out boxes after most meals out or I end up just having an appetizer and a salad . If I ate the whole portion each time we went out I'd have to live at the gym or wear elastic waist pants .

This is so true!
We have cut back on what we order.

Almost always skip dessert - Rox still likes to view the dessert menu though.

This is so true!
We have cut back on what we order.

Almost always skip dessert - Rox still likes to view the dessert menu though.

Funny, I thought my DW was the only person in the world who makes the waiter go through all the desserts and never orders one.:rolleyes:

I can not even remember the last time I had dessert at a restaurant . We rarely have dessert at home either . I am just not a dessert person .

We eat out almost every day. We do it on the cheap by (usually) having lunch or once-in-a-while breakfast - rarely dinner. Also, we never order drinks (soft or hard) and almost never order dessert. We've found local places with good value and we're not above having pizza or kalua pork at Sams Club snack bar, half price Whoppers with a coupon, or even the occasional McDonalds. The point is that we don't have sophisticated palates nor do we particularly like to cook. If we do cook, it's typically a one dish meal (casserole, tacos, TV dinners, etc.)

If we are ever financially stressed, we will probably cut back on our meals out. Until then, we enjoy spending our money in this way.

Funny, I thought my DW was the only person in the world who makes the waiter go through all the desserts and never orders one.:rolleyes:
knew someone else was out there :D part of what makes the world go round and waiters go back and forth

Back
Top Bottom