escape the election

Status
Not open for further replies.

meierlde

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I noticed that the weather channel is running a program of nature photos called escape the election today from 3 till midnight. Nice pictures of waterfalls and the like. Better than all the coulds and mights on the news. T

Some may need that after the election:LOL:

Jack works as does indicia.

Have a great night.☺

How could they, the 2020 presidential campaign starts tomorrow!

This was funny - especially as the developer of our neighborhood has an office in the top of that building.

We watched non election stuff most of the evening.

Watched it nonstop from about 6:30pm until 3am. I was so "wired" after that, I couldn't get to sleep until about 5am. I was also watching the pre-market on line at the same time. I watched it drop over 800 points early in the morning so I got up 15mins before the open to buy-in. The initial "drop" wasn't anywhere near that amount and now it's up "almost" 300 points so far today. Go figure!

I normally flip between the election and another show. Last night I could not because I could not believe what was happening. I watched it from 6-11 and then went to bed depressed.

True to my statement in the voting thread, I ignored all media yesterday.
This morning when I woke up around 8 AM DW informed me of the results.

We watched three hours worth of Inspector Lewis episodes after dinner. The network news critters still had not called the election by then (which was interesting to me as it seemed a foregone conclusion numberswise--perhaps they really should take a close look at themselves) but in the early hours of the morning a single firecracker woke me up and I knew the results must be official.

What if it was not a firecracker, but someone driven to despair? :)

That's why I didn't watch at all. Either way the result was going to be depressing, the only question was how much.
I did not watch on TV, but checked on the Web every so often. When the results looked to firm up, around 11PM local time, I was sleepy and put down the laptop.

I have to admit this is the only election I watched in real-time for a long time, even though no matter how it turned out, my candidate's got no chance. :) Around the nation, the "no chance" candidates got from 2.5% to 4% of the popular votes.

I have to admit this is the only election I watched in real-time for a long time, even though no matter how it turned out, my candidate's got no chance. :)
You voted for Vermin Supreme? - or Sydney's Voluptuous Buttocks? Not sure if Vermin Supreme was an official write-in candidate, but the second one was.

I don't think my state recognized either of the above candidates, exciting names as they were.

So, I had to choose one that was printed on the ballot. Pretty boring, but later I got to see how many votes he got (as high as 9% of popular votes in one state).

Can you find out how many votes Voluptuous Buttocks got?

Last edited:
OK.

If you did not hear the siren of an ambulance afterwards, then it definitely was a firecracker, and not an act of despair.

Last edited:
I normally flip between the election and another show. Last night I could not because I could not believe what was happening. I watched it from 6-11 and then went to bed depressed.

That's why I didn't watch at all. Either way the result was going to be depressing, the only question was how much.

Rather than get depressed, I'm looking at the bright side. The American public actually had the guts to upset the status quo (that includes the Sanders supporters on the D side), and show up the 'know it all' media for what it is. That's encouraging to me.

Whether the alternative ends up being better than the status quo remains to be seen, but I'll remain optimistic until proven otherwise.

-ERD50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom