Fantastic Experience with Fellow Forum Member

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just had a fantastic experience with someone from the ER forum (although he only made a few posts here several years ago).

Simplygib retired this year, and is riding his bike from Portland to Sacramento, along the coast. He mentioned this on the bike forum, and I suggested he stop by my house and spend the night.

Along the way, he's met up with several other cycling tourists, and I suggested that they all stop over. They did and we had a great time. Here we are eating dessert after a big dinner:

img_705608_0_b36e955a55783c2605098b126164419e.jpg

L to R:

Gary (Simplygib), who is blogging the entire adventure, entering all the text in his smartphone! You can read the whole thing here.

Mike and Jenna, who are on their honeymoon: riding their bikes from Vancouver to Chile (their blog)! Mike just finished his Ph.D. You can read about his research, about TV drug advertising, in next Tuesday's USA Today. He was doing cell phone interviews while on the trip. Mike and Jenna met while on solo bike tours across Canada.

Yours Truly + Ms. TromboneAl

Marisa aka "The Rocket" - She's from Germany, but speaks English with an Aussie accent. She's riding down to San Luis Obispo, at which point she'll hang a left and ride through Death Valley to Las Vegas.

A wonderful group, and we all enjoyed one another's company.

The next day DW and and rode along with them:

img_705608_1_4e9dda971a2a803baa3efee0c8f04d38.jpg

img_705608_2_8de820563d98eb700d70eaa87c0f90c2.jpg

It was an unforgettable experience.

very cool t-al, nice pics and a good example of payback received when you extend yourself to others.

Great pics Al!! Good food and good people - life just doesn't get better than this:D

Thanks for the great info Al....and may I be the 1st to say that you and Gary could be twins!! :rolleyes:

very cool t-al, nice pics and a good example of payback received when you extend yourself to others.

Excellent point.
-------------------------

They make me feel that I'm not doing enough.

Good post Al!

I see cookies and donuts on the table. Did you take the opportunity to get rid of some of those Wednesday night calzones? :cool:

Hey Al were you at Bogle Winery in Clarksville the other day? I swear there was this guy who looked just like you sitting with two other woman enjoying some wine.

I see cookies and donuts on the table. Did you take the opportunity to get rid of some of those Wednesday night calzones? :cool:
I had decided "No more pizzas and calzones," but I got one on Wednesday to have when the crew arrived on Thursday. But, we forgot about it, so DW and I ended up eating it.

We had Khan's Onioned Chicken, plus a regular roast chicken plus home-made baked beans, fresh bread and salad.

Hey Al were you at Bogle Winery in Clarksville the other day? I swear there was this guy who looked just like you sitting with two other woman enjoying some wine.
Not sure. What was I wearing?

I had decided "No more pizzas and calzones," but I got one on Wednesday to have when the crew arrived on Thursday. But, we forgot about it, so DW and I ended up eating it.

We had Khan's Onioned Chicken, plus a regular roast chicken plus home-made baked beans, fresh bread and salad.

I have made my mark on the world.

Looks like a great time was had by all.

Not sure. What was I wearing?

Guy looked like you AL. Guess he wasn't :) I usually dont check out what guys are wearing

Back
Top Bottom