Favorite vehicle you've ever owned

I still see some 80's style Caprices rolling around my area once in a while. Some of them look really nice. No rust. New looking paint. Must be garaged. What impressed me about the car was that there never was a very expensive repair. Worst one was the power steering pump, which was about $300 I think. I had a mechanic do it. Everything else was pretty cheap. I could get a brand new radiator for it, for $79 from Autozone, with a lifetime warranty. I did use the warranty, 7 years later, and got a brand new radiator for free. I did almost all the work myself. It was good therapy to work on a car, when your day job was computer programming.
When my 1989 Caprice was stolen, the local police said the 80's Caprices were the no.1 favorite among local car thieves.

Also, IMHO, the 1990 Caprice was one of the ugliest cars ever.

<< 1962 Ford Galaxy 500. White with red leather seats. >>

Oooooooh, nice. I got to drive my Dad's 1960 something Ford Galaxy 500. Blue with blue interior, I think.

I bought the car in 1969, paid $400. Sold in 1971 for $300- Uncle Sam required my services :)

Attachments

• 1962 Ford.jpg
    1962 Ford.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 0
I bought the car in 1969, paid $400. Sold in 1971 for $300- Uncle Sam required my services :)

Nice, my aunt had a white 59 with turquoise interior, what a beautiful car.

First car was a 1955 Ford station wagon. Red and white. Would love to have another one. Had a 1974 Super Beatle, Orange. Loved that car. Since then I have had several Ford F150's from 1965 to 2018. Love them as well. Kind of a mix of cars.

Many others not mentioned.

1965 Mustang - It was a dream car for a 18 yr. old and had a great stereo.

1998 Camry - smartest car I ever bought, and I got it new.
Just passed the 178,000 mark and more than one mechanic has told me they see a
number car like mine with 350,000+ miles.

1980 Chevrolet Citation Hatchback

Only car I ever spec'd out and ordered from factory. Best combination of economy, roominess, handling of any car I've owned. Would get an honest 35 mpg on highway, fold the back seat and could fit two bikes in it, roomy for 5 people.

Loved using that car, but proved to have a lot of problems it being the first model year and GM was new to building front wheel drives. Layout was great, lousy mechanical execution.

If going by nostalgia, it's the first car I owned - a 1969 Plymouth Fury. Amazing muscle car, but by today's standards, not a very solid or reliable car. I did take it over 100 MPH once, and it shook like crazy. As a comparison, I once took my former 2000 Ford Windstar minivan up over 100 MPH, and it was smooth as silk.

On a practicality, reliability, value, visibility standpoint, my current 2011 Honda CRV is my favorite car. It has just over 20,000 miles on it, and I hope to drive it for a long time...maybe until I retire in just over 13 more years. Love that car.

My favorite vehicle ever was the only motorcycle I ever owned. It was nothing special in the big scheme of things, but it was the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels. It was a Yamaha Maxim 700. I owned it for 6 1/2 years and loved it to bits.

I rode that bike as motorcycle messenger all over Los Angeles for a year, and took some great long trips up and down California, as well as many fun cruises up and down Pacific Coast Highway, and many other great rides.

My motorcycle riding days are behind me now. I have early onset osteoarthritis in both knees thanks to the spills I took and it's now time to preserve myself :LOL: It's a shame that motorcycles are dangerous, because they are a wonderful way to experience the open road.

It's a shame that motorcycles are dangerous, because they are a wonderful way to experience the open road.

Ah, MT, I remember the first time I was on the street legally, in other words, not on my dirt bikes. It was on a little Suzuki GN400 one-lung kick only with a 6 volt system. The lights barely worked lol! I remember coming to a stop at an intersection, putting my feet down on the street and thinking, "There is no way this can be legal, it is just too much fun!" I've had plenty of bikes since, and the sensation is still awesome, but that first time was so amazing....

There is no way I could ever have owned one, but the most memorable car I ever rode in was an early 70s Pantera owned by a friend. He took me out in the desert and showed me what it could do. Never experienced anything like it before or since -- when he put his foot down, I was pressed back in my seat so hard I could hardly move.

img_1265632_0_603571063b487627cf695e1a673fcacf.jpg

The greatest car was my Fiat 124. It had the most precise handling and it was just fun!. It was also a great instructional car as I couldn't afford Tony to keep it running.

The greatest car was my Fiat 124. It had the most precise handling and it was just fun!. It was also a great instructional car as I couldn't afford Tony to keep it running.

My dad had a 1977 Spider when I was in my teens that I learned to drive stick on...great car for a teenage boy to get into trouble with!

I like my little green Miata. Yeah, it's 13 years old now, but great fun, and very easy to park. Pocket-sized, you might say...

Last edited:
I like my little green Miata. Yeah, it's 13 years old now, but great fun, and very easy to park. Pocket-sized, you might say...

:LOL: pocket sized is right, I also have a few pocket sized exotics

The Muscle Boat is almost done at the body shop!

227705_4368306139987_1891394528_n.jpg
535564_4368305219964_1677553921_n.jpg

More progress on the muscle boat. Silver vinyl top goes on next week!

Visited the Muscle Boat today. Chrome is all on. Very little work left and exterior restoration will be complete.
421600_4404273479148_1364144391_n.jpg

Had a great 67 Mustang back in 72 to 75. First car always stays in your heart. But the best darn car I ever had was my 91 Geo Metro. That little car served me for over 20 years and saved me so much money. Never be another like it.

Back
Top Bottom