FDA Peanut Butter Warning

um...guys...this is a widespread outbreak.
from the article...
"So far, more than 470 people have gotten sick in 43 states, and at least 90 had to be hospitalized. At least six deaths are being blamed on the outbreak. Salmonella is a bacteria and the most common source of food poisoning in the U.S., causing diarrhea, cramping and fever.
Officials said new illnesses are still being reported in the outbreak investigation. "

Just to clarify: There's no indication of danger from peanut butter we buy in the supermarket. Everyone who has gotten sick ate cookies, etc produced with the peanut butter/peanut paste produced by this one supplier.

So, maybe throw out the Nutter Butters, but the Jiff is safe. That's it in a (pea)nut shell.

Update from the FDA : list of affected brands
Search for Peanut Butter Product Recalls

I actually have a container of Perry's chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirl in it.
Perry's Ice Cream is on the FDA list of recalled food products made with peanut products suspected of containing salmonella. That unopened container of ice cream is headed right for the trash can. :(

It's a shame my late sister is gone, she would be in the middle of this, giving me juicy tidbits on the story behind the story..........:)

I like peanuts, but I've only eaten peanut-butter 2-3 times in my life. My mom was a nurse and didn't think it was healthy (back in the 50's it was probably also too expensive) so we just never had it.

Update from the FDA : list of affected brands
Search for Peanut Butter Product Recalls

I actually have a container of Perry's chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirl in it.
Perry's Ice Cream is on the FDA list of recalled food products made with peanut products suspected of containing salmonella. That unopened container of ice cream is headed right for the trash can. :(

Thanks so much for the link. I too had bought one of the ZonePerfect breakfast bars that is on the list. I will be returning it promptly!

Back
Top Bottom