Financial Seminar Observation

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I have received several invites to retrirement planning seminar/dinner in the last week or so and they have all included an 800# to call in order to sign up for the function. Previous invites that I have received had a local number to call.

I asked to person who answered the phone if they were a national company or local. As I suspected, they are a national company who just sets apointments for these dinner-seminars.

In order for a company with 800# to have enough business to exist, there must be a potential pool of many seminar/dinners throughout the USA to make a profit this way.

Has anyone else here made this observation also? It says a lot to me about the amount of seminar/dinners that must be going on every day in the USA.

Are there many many investment/retirement seminars going on every day ?

you bet there are.

They are a proven way in which big companies and small companies can separate people from their money. That free rubber chicken dinner just may cost you much. Just remember - There is no free lunch. Personally, I'll buy my own dinner and pay directly for any financial advice that I may need.

However, to be fair the 800 number call just lets em know how many dinners to plan for, how big the group will be.

So what was the number? Maybe 1-800-LOSEUSD? :LOL: :LOL:

MasterBlaster said:
Are there many many investment/retirement seminars going on every day ?

you bet there are.

They are a proven way in which big companies and small companies can separate people from their money. That free rubber chicken dinner just may cost you much. Just remember - There is no free lunch. Personally, I'll buy my own dinner and pay directly for any financial advice that I may need.

However, to be fair the 800 number call just lets em know how many dinners to plan for, how big the group will be.

TANSTAAFL

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

This was carved on a monument in the center of Luna City in Heinliens "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom