Football Fans? M. Vick ?

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If he is guilty of these charges I would Love to see the owner of Atlanta dump him, yes Fire him.

If he is guilty of these charges I would Love to see the owner of Atlanta dump him, yes Fire him.

Personally, I thought there was a lot more to his story than what he first reported. How many people do you know loan their house out without knowing about some MAJOR activity going down. Like storing tons of fighting dogs in substandard conditions.

ESPN ran a story and it featured an interview with an anonymous person that swore Vick was involved. In fact, this person said he was a big time gambler on the dog fights.

I heard a news story on the NY news today and yesterday. Animal Control found a Pit mix that someone had purposely lit on fire. They tried to save, spent a couple thousand trying to treat it but it passed away. What's wrong with people?

Personally, I thought there was a lot more to his story than what he first reported. How many people do you know loan their house out without knowing about some MAJOR activity going down. Like storing tons of fighting dogs in substandard conditions.

ESPN ran a story and it featured an interview with an anonymous person that swore Vick was involved. In fact, this person said he was a big time gambler on the dog fights.

I heard a news story on the NY news today and yesterday. Animal Control found a Pit mix that someone had purposely lit on fire. They tried to save, spent a couple thousand trying to treat it but it passed away. What's wrong with people?

No accountablility, IF he was involved maybe just maybe a guy who pays him will do the right thing by society. The problem is I highly doubt it. He the Falcon owner is still looking to make bigtime money. Its all about the money.

Personally, I thought there was a lot more to his story than what he first reported.

IMHO I believe there will be more to come. Seems that "other activities" go along with these types of activities..........no telling who will show up in all this. Sad, the guy is a heck of a QB.

...oh well, at least they have the "piano man" Joey Harrington as their backup, right....

His brother was kicked off of VT's team a couple of years ago for various reasons. Looks like mama didn't do a very good job of raising her boys. :bat:

Of course, this is all assuming he did what they say:

He should be banned from football. He should be thrown in jail. He should be fined to the maximum extent of the law.

They are innocent animals - what are these people thinking? I find it totally appalling.

Karen - animal lover

He should be banned from football. He should be thrown in jail. He should be fined to the maximum extent of the law.

They are innocent animals - what are these people thinking? I find it totally appalling.

Karen - animal lover

If convicted, it is a 6 yr prison term and up to $350k in fines which is chump change for Vick.

I read what they found in the raids. Very disturbing stuff.

Karen - animal lover

I second this opinion. If he is guilty, this should not be swept under the rug by the NFL and he should not get special treatment by the courts because he is a pro football player. This story is very disturbing and the details so far are unbelieveably cruel.

Achiever51 -- another animal lover

Actually, I think Vick is getting caught up in lies with the commissioner....something along the lines of "I have never been to the property" is pretty easy to prove with the witnesses in the indictment....I dont think he will be playing the first 4-8 games this next season....The guy wasnt progressing enough as a player anyway to come with such baggage...might be time for the Falcons to move on...I suppose it didnt help that they traded their other young guy to the Texans this offseason...

He's a scum bag, a loser...lower than dirt.

I wish I could do to him some of the things he's accused of doing to those poor animals - drowning, hanging, slamming their bodies down to the ground....:mad::rant: :bat:

Some people may argue "What's the big deal?" but Psychologists have shown that historically, a lot of serial killers started out by torturing and killing animals. I'm not saying the scum bag will become a serial killer, I'm just saying he has some violent tendencies that serial killers have also been shown to have.

Here are some quotes from an article today by Don Banks from SI.com:

• Why? That's the question that could be easily overlooked in Vick's current situation. Why would a guy making the millions he's making need to sponsor a dog-fighting ring that could jeopardize his career and personal freedom in order to gamble for mere thousands? One source close to Vick, who I talked to this spring for the story I wrote about the Falcons quarterback's recent slide from grace in Atlanta, gave me a rather blunt rationale for Vick's involvement in dog fighting: "He's not very bright at all,'' the source said of Vick. "And that's a big part of his problems. He's a very unintelligent person and he makes poor decisions because of it."

Another league source I talked to had a slightly different take. He too watched Vick up close for years and came to this conclusion:
"I've seen what he's truly about, and now, the rest of the world sees what he's truly about,'' the source said. "He's not dumb, and he's not a bad guy. He's just selfish. He's an extremely selfish human being. He doesn't care about his team or his teammates. He says he does, but he doesn't.''
Harsh words to be sure. But these are some of the same sources who, more than two months ago, assured me Vick -- despite his proclamation of innocence -- was heavily involved in the dog-fighting operation in Virginia, from its earliest stages on. With Tuesday's indictments becoming public, the assessment of those sources has been echoed by federal investigators and a grand jury."

Last edited:
If a teacher was accused of something like this he or she would be dismissed. yes Fired union or no union.

He should be fired. Period.

Fire him? no, that is not enough. Arrest him and put him in prison for a long long time. After a fair trial of course....

An OJ in training?

If what's reported is true, he and all the participants should be incarcerated. Utterly disgusting, sick and cruel.

I have always thought he was overrated as a QB; probably a better wide receiver. Of course, he'd be an all-star on the state prison team.

Here's another chance for the new NFL commish to show he ain't playin' around and to set a precedent for expected behavior. He came down on Pac-man Jones... we shall see what becomes of this.

Those animals didn't ask for that. I have no time for that type of behavior / cruelty, and hope what goes around comes around.

If convicted, it is a 6 yr prison term and up to $350k in fines which is chump change for Vick.

I read what they found in the raids. Very disturbing stuff.

---

Yes, I know the fine would be nothing, but 6 years in jail sounds pretty good for him! :bat:

His Sentence: In the [-]Biting[/-] Fighting Pit against one of his pit bulls! :bat:

Here is his opponent in the pit along with his second (the Jack Russel):

Attachments

• Large Dog.jpg
    Large Dog.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom