FREE movie tickets: Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful_Warrior

Full time employment: Posting here.
I figure if anybody would be interested in a free movie, it'd be those who love to LBYM! And considering the movie is my namesake, I had to pass the word along.

10 Free Tickets per Person to opening weekend of "Peaceful Warrior" compliments of Universal and Best Buy.

I saw this movie several months ago during it's limited release and enjoyed it thoroughly (review on our website - see signature). I've been waiting for it to come out on DVD, but it looks like the limited release did so well that it's going to go national first.

If you haven't read the book or seen the movie, or even if you have read the book, go see the movie... and might as well take 9 of your friends! After all...

What have you got to lose? :)

Sounded good...but the nearest theater showing it is 65-70 miles away. Even for free, that's too far to go. Maybe next time.

It couldn't find any theaters near me. Any time I have to enter my zip code, I get an answer like that.

Thanks anyway.

Yeah I got the shaft too. I posted this last night thinking that this morning I'd print the tickets up at work (don't have a printer at home), only to find the theater had already sold out.

Turns out there's 5 theaters in the area all sold out already, so I'm going to keep checking back every day since they will probably open up more seats and/or theaters.

On the bright side, several people in many areas have told me they did get free tickets after I told them about it so even if I'm not going others are!

Thanks -- Found theater about 2 miles from house, printing 10 now for DGK, SIL, DD, DW and myself.

Goonie/TromboneAl - they just released more tickets tonight (I finally got mine!) so maybe there are newly released tickets at theaters closer to you now?

*fingers cross for you two*

Nope, but just bring a gf/wife/sister/female friend and put that stuff in her purse.

Sundance Kid said:
Popcorn and drinks,---Probably, NOT included. Right?? :D :D

So... any of you see it yet?

I took a half-day off w*rk yesterday to go to lunch and then see it, and am glad I did.

Peaceful_Warrior said:
So... any of you see it yet?

Yes, wife & I saw it and were somewhat disappointed. My wife is a film buff so she could write a *long* analysis. I am quite new agey (I'm going off for my annual 3 day Zen retreat in a couple weeks) and it was still 'too sweet'. I remember one film critic we know (Kennith Turan) answering a complaint from a person who said the movie "Sideways" was a bad movie, and he said; no, its a good movie about bad people. Well this is a bad movie about good people. Its a wonderful story and has some good talent but to be effective the message needs to be more subtle.

Back
Top Bottom