Funny Reaction to ER Announcement!

Too bad he works for the insurance company. Otherwise you could look for an excuse to fire him and casually ask about his plans.:LOL:

I'd ask him for advice, "Well, what should my plan be?" Then I'd probably say I didn't want to end up like Joe Battipaglia, may he rest in peace.

I expect to spend only half on hookers and blow. The rest I'll probably just waste.

Midpack, we are at about the same point. In my company I'm starting to tell some people that I am retiring, but the formal announcement won't come for another week or so. Most people don't know what to say. After a few moments, some say 'Congratulations'. Some say, 'how old are you?' Some just say 'Wow, I'm jealous.' But what I find after a few exchanges with them, is that they have no clue as to how one could do this. A few of the people that are around my age say they have never even tried to figure it out. Though eventually they all say they wish they could do the same. It blows me away.

Lead engineer says, 'so you have no plans?'

I think he was busting your chops. Only an Engineer would persist about "the plan" in all seriousness but hopefully the question was delivered with a wink ;) and a smile. :D

At least he didn't ask "what will you do all day?" At least not yet. :LOL:

My Engineer colleagues asked similar questions of me before I exited. Some were kidding, others had absoultely no clue that I would have something other to do with my time than remain immersed in techie stuff. I actually do continue to enjoy techie stuff, but not held by shackles for a paycheck.

Great story Midpack. :LOL:

Enjoy your last couple of months winding down at work, and winding up the employees you are leaving behaind.

Oh, and don't forget to update your will :)

Midpack, you are awesome:flowers: Retire, love and live life, and move on. This will all be a distant memory soon. Oh, and listen to this for me baby:

YouTube - I'm Free x Rolling Stones

Great song!!! I used to humm that all the time at work. When I was let go (albeit unexpectedly) with a nice payout, after the initial shock, I was singing that all the time! Now I wonder how I did everything when I was working! I am busier than I ever was, but it is with stuff I like to do! I don't miss a day of work!!!

Midpack, you are awesome:flowers: Retire, love and live life, and move on. This will all be a distant memory soon. Oh, and listen to this for me baby:
Thanks a lot Purr, I enjoyed the video :flowers:

My ER was announced last Fri...

That remark he or she made was a snide comment. But, you did the right thing... why take the bait at work!

It is called: Jealousy in the third-degree!

Congrats by the way!

Back
Top Bottom