Funny Seventies Photos

17/18 yo circa 1974/75 p a r t y

img_597602_0_f3df65189ab671b885c38f2c72b9a982.jpg
I was just checking in for a reaction to this rather revealing photo and was surprised to see none yet. Jeez, what kind of parties did you go to dude? What's up with that towel??

I was just checking in for a reaction to this rather revealing photo and was surprised to see none yet. Jeez, what kind of parties did you go to dude? What's up with that towel??

Well, I was thinking about saying something until I remembered the toga parties and such back in college in the 60's and 70's.

Not that I would admit going to any.... ;)

Oh, I don't know......a pink towel never goes out of style!

Maybe we were hoping for something that was more typical of the era, like, say, groovy wallpaper.........

Last edited:
Oh, I don't know......a pink towel never goes out of style!

Maybe we were hoping for something that was more typical of the era, like, say, groovy wallpaper.........

Remember flocked wallpaper .When I moved into this house the one bathroom had flocked wallpaper .It took hours and hours of work to strip it .

Remember flocked wallpaper .When I moved into this house the one bathroom had flocked wallpaper .It took hours and hours of work to strip it .

Flocked wallpaper is evil.

Back in the '70s I rented a room in a house with a landing (once you entered the house you had to walk up or down stairs); there were pink shag carpets; the wall along the stairs to the main floor was glass tiles with a mural of running horses.

About 1976 or 77. Stoner, eh? I'm the one in front with the zit on my chin.

Attachments

• 70s.jpg
    70s.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 15
Flannel shirt! Oooh, baby...
Probably no bra either. >:D Some of us were not Sears and JC Penney, but war surplus and Goodwill.

Now I see where JG got his glasses... :p
How did we wear those things? And weren't the lenses glass? Or were there plastic lenses by the mid-70s?

Okay LG4N---where is your other leg? And why are you holding the alarm clock?
I was waiting for some other comments? And what was the name of the poodle on your head? ;) Nice pink towel for sure. And, the obvious question---who goes to a party in a towel? >:D

Martha, those glasses were, well, I'm speechless. ;)

How did we wear those things? And weren't the lenses glass? Or were there plastic lenses by the mid-70s?

I have a picture of me with those glasses and a Dorothy Hamill hair cut and I'm wearing a jump suit .I'd post it but my scanner is on the fritz.I had to take a picture of the other photo and then load it .That's why it is so grainy .

I love seeing crazy photos! I remeber toga parties and trolls too. Did you know that there are 2 headed troll dolls? The seventies were a crazy time. Thanks for a laugh!

You still go on dates? Does DW know? :angel:

I went on a date today, with DW, she is still my favorite girlfriend :smitten: (I even put on a long pair of pants and she wore a skirt :LOL: )

I went on a date today, with DW, she is still my favorite girlfriend :smitten:
I just knew you were going to say something like that. ;) Ahhh, ain't love grand.....
(I even put on a long pair of pants and she wore a skirt :LOL: )
Now this part has me worried...gettin' all gussied up in retirement...shame, shame, shame....:nonono:

:D

1977, when I still had hair on my head and none on my face. The second picture demonstrates both my athletic skills and my ability to wear hot pink shorts. :D

Attachments

• Harley.jpg
    Harley.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Harley2.jpg
    Harley2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 9
The second picture demonstrates both my athletic skills and my ability to wear hot pink shorts. :D
Oooo Weee....look at those legs! :cool:

....and pink shorts....you were a rebel and methinks you still are! :D

Here's a pic of me in 1978. I was at a wedding and let's just say I had consumed one or two beers...:whistle: Arghhhh...I can't believe I liked those glasses. :p

Attachments

• wedding.jpg
    wedding.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 26
1967 - While stationed in Lubbock, Texas and being a "wild one" :cool: ...

Next stop? Nam - 68-69...

Volunteered to get out of Texas...

Attachments

• NewMexicoLine.jpg
    NewMexicoLine.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 11
  • WinterScene.jpg
    WinterScene.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom