Garden Windows

PERSonalTime

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm thinking about getting a garden window for my kitchen and was wondering if you typically install window blinds too or leave it open. I like privacy but don't want to do it if it would be weird. Please share your thoughts and any recommendations regarding this type of window.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

My friend has one in her kitchen window that faces west. In summer, it makes the room very hot. She installed curtains that cover the back glass inside and that helps a lot.

Another friend got one which included a window that opens. That helps air flow.

I would install window blinds on the inside part of the window, where it joins the house, so the plants can enjoy the view, but nobody can see inside unless I open the blind.

Have you considered just putting a shelf there along the window first to try out the idea of having little plants blocking your view ?

Garden windows were an option when the house was built. They were popular in the 1980's. We passed and I'm glad we did because the heat from a west or south facing garden window in the summer is overwhelming and those things leak at the joints. The seals do not last.

Back
Top Bottom