Votes: 74 59.7%
  • Female

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters

W2R

Moderator Emeritus
I get the distinct impression that more males than females belong to the ER Forum. Many of our profiles show for Gender: "undisclosed".

So, I am curious:

Are you male or female?

I did a search on "gender" and didn't find any previous threads on this topic - - hope I didn't miss any.

Must be more males than females if she had to change her picture from a deciding thoughtful lady to that of a clam? submarine sandwich. Or are those chicken nuggets?

You could have made this poll more interesting with only "yes" or "no" options....

Yes. Or is it "no" as an affirmation that while "yes" may not be the most correct answer, it is an answer in itself that could be the construed to be the opposite of "no" if the question is phrased in such a way that double negatives may lead one to assume an incorrect answer.

OTOH - I liked W2R's "old" picture. We could have a poll on which picture (old versus new) we want her to use. Assuming, of course, W2R really is female or simply yanking everyone's chain. Maybe s/he's really a McNugget.

They are delicious fried shrimp... :D We shared a po'boy just like this one on Thursday and it was heavenly. (sigh) It had so many shrimp that it made the one in my avatar look skimpy. And they were GOOD. :D:D

OTOH - I liked W2R's "old" picture. We could have a poll on which picture (old versus new) we want her to use. Assuming, of course, W2R really is female or simply yanking everyone's chain. Maybe s/he's really a McNugget.

I actually did post my real photo in the Recent Photos thread a few months ago, but later took it down due to concerns about potentially being stalked or whatever. I am female (though I'd love to yank your chain and say that I didn't know! :LOL:)

On the other hand, you just have my word on that! Maybe I really AM a shrimp McNugget.... >:D And after all, isn't it deceptive the way so many women on message boards use food as their avatars? It's as though they want to trick everyone into believing that they really ARE sandwiches...

Last edited:
Interesting that as of this moment, >23% of our members are not sure of their own gender.

I hope that as a group, we are more certain about our own asset allocations. :2funny:

Yes. Or is it "no" as an affirmation that while "yes" may not be the most correct answer, it is an answer in itself that could be the construed to be the opposite of "no" if the question is phrased in such a way that double negatives may lead one to assume an incorrect answer.

I am really lost.

On the other hand, you just have my word on that! Maybe I really AM a shrimp McNugget.... >:D And after all, isn't it deceptive the way so many women on message boards use food as their avatars? It's as though they want to trick everyone into believing that they really ARE sandwiches...
I wouldn't consider myself a sandwich...I'm more of a tater tot. :)

There could have been more "interesting choices", such as "People think I am a male, but I am really female", or "I am female, but I'd rather be a male", etc...

There could have been more "interesting choices", such as "People think I am a male, but I am really female", or "I am female, but I'd rather be a male", etc...

Well, zooming in on the essentials, I figure that (other issues aside) either you know your gender, or you don't. :)

But then if I am wrong, and you really don't know if you know your gender, you can just check "I'm not sure".

Maybe THAT is why so many people are checking "I'm not sure."!!

Well, zooming in on the essentials, I figure that (other issues aside) either you know your gender, or you don't. :)
One would think so. However, the nature of our forum members is that they would always like to add qualifying statements instead of just a simple Yes or No. We always say "but, but, but", or "on the other hand", or "it depends", etc...

Of course that's why instead of just selecting M, F, or DK, people have to make a post to add some verbosity, just like what I am doing now.

Maybe THAT is why so many people are checking "I'm not sure."!!
Is there a way another forum member can volunteer to check out the people who are still undecided to help them decide? :whistle:

People know my gender when they see me...but I must confess I think it would be the bomb if I could change to the other gender for at least 24 hours. :D

People know my gender when they see me...
I surely hope so. Else, you would not look good in those boots.

...but I must confess I think it would be the bomb if I could change to the other gender for at least 24 hours.

What would you do?

People know my gender when they see me...but I must confess I think it would be the bomb if I could change to the other gender for at least 24 hours. :D
Once you slept with a woman you would never want to go back to being one. The world needs you as a woman, if you are ever offered this choice please decline it.

Ha

Once you slept with a woman you would never want to go back to being one. The world needs you as a woman, if you are ever offered this choice please decline it.

Ha
Ahhhh...what a lovely thing to say. Just for you Ha I would decline the choice. Besides...what would I do with all my lipstick? ;)

Interesting that as of this moment, >23% of our members are not sure of their own gender.

I hope that as a group, we are more certain about our own asset allocations. :2funny:

Interesting that you put a "Don't Ask Don't Tell" option. Very PC :)

It's as though they want to trick everyone into believing that they really ARE sandwiches...
Who is going to start the "what kind of sandwich are you" poll?

Female. Although a group of us around the lunch table at w*rk were having a raucous conversation recently about (ahem) stray facial whiskers cropping up due to declining estrogen levels.

If we truly are "what we eat" most often as a sandwich. I am an egg scrambled hard on wheat toast with no butter sliced diagonally sort of person.

Simply having a not sure catagory was an invitation to awaken Shakespear's mischevious Puck the trickster in at least five of us.

It is an interesting question due to the change in hormones at the age of retirement in the sexes.
For men our testosterone levels are waning, makes us more likely to pity someone, or be a little fearful, than to bust them up for messing with us. I do remember when young scanning the other guy and telling myself if I could take him out or not.

For women that relative testosterone level is increasing, hear you roar as you spread your wings. Not only is that fuzz on the lip getting more noticable but maybe that annoying guy isn't just to be pitied.. even if not bust him up at least don't put up with it. Power shifts in subtle ways in relationships too.

Strange to think about today, but imagine the survival benefits to a small clan of stone aged humans. The person least likely to confront the sabretooth would be the child bearing aged woman. Regarding the grayed out male, he is no longer as willing to challenge the young bucks who would eventually break him up. More mobile allies when danger threatens and the main response would come from the young, fast, and better able to heal.

Hummmm, Puts me in mind of that movie Orlando where the he turns into a she. But just thinking, 24 hours as a guy. Now that would be cool but only if I could be 6'4", ripped, Black wavy hair and blue eyes with a baritone voice. Mustache optional. Nope. I'll stay a she. I'd much rather enjoy what I described above than being it.

Back
Top Bottom