Getting rid of home phone AT&T

DMGO

Dryer sheet aficionado
OK, it's time to cancel my home phone service, as who needs a landline anymore? I have the cheapest AT&T DSL internet, and want to keep that, but I would like to port my home phone # over to Virgin Mobile. When I port the number over, and VM says that could take 4-6 weeks, what then happens to my DSL service with AT&T? Does anyone know a realistic way to do this, and yet keep my DSL running?

Dry Pair, Dry Loop, Naked DSL -- those are terms for DSL on a copper pair that does not have a dialtone (no land line). You will need to contact ATT to see if this is offered at your location. If this is offered, you can expect the DSL service to go up by $10 or $12 / month when you terminate the land line.

If you don't convert to dry pair then your DSL service will stop with your land line.

We have Windstream, GreenStreek. It is their DSL only. We still must have a phone number with it, and it is the same number it was when we had a phone. We still get free incoming calls on that number, and we can call out 911, and local calls. It is charged by the min if we do. It is my understanding that you still must have a local number to get Naked DSL. You might have to talk to AT&T, as they may have to issue you a new number if you port your old number away. You might look at google voice, and get one new number there.

Back
Top Bottom