T-Mobile Rant... the BS continues.

old medic

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I vented here about nightmare fiasco with trying to change phones.
https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/cellphone-rant-warning-its-long-116649.html
I didn't keep complaining as things progressed... But since I got a phone call today from being turned over to a debit collection agency from them... :mad:
Shortly after the original BS I got a bill for $70 for the month of Jan... Had the Phone less than 24 hours, turned in, service cancelled and paid a restocking fee... I call customer service... Its fixed, were sorry... Following month... Another bill... Call Back... sorry but you need to drive to the store... Store tells me They cant do anything, but call Customer service back... "We're sorry... Its fixed...
Got another Bill last week... Call the store, they cant do anything and transferer me to customer serve, who tell me... I GOT TO GO TO THE STORE!!!!!!
SUPERVISOR PLEASE.... I finally got to speak with someone who had English as a 1st language, but was short and unpleasant over the phone... She said its been taken care of....
I'm guessing she just sent it to collections and called it taken care of....
The collection agency transferred me to T-Mobile, and I now have been told for the 5th time that its been "taken car of" ... I guess we will see.

Good luck with that... it might never get 'taken care of'...

I had a problem with a payment to AT&T and even my bank sending them proof that they got the money they refused to credit my mom's account. It went to collections and was there until my mom passed away.

WRITE to the collection agency. Dispute that you owe the debt and demand that they 1) verify the debt and 2) stop communicating with you. Reference the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act in your letter. They are likely not going to pursue it any further for such a small amount.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs/supmanual/cch/fairdebt.pdf

T-Mobile is on my "never again" list. They lied to me about coverage twice, a few years apart, then refused to refund my first month's payments even though I was in an area with no coverage. I finally got my money by contesting the Visa charge. Never heard a word from them.

T-Mobile is on my "never again" list. They lied to me about coverage twice, a few years apart, then refused to refund my first month's payments even though I was in an area with no coverage. I finally got my money by contesting the Visa charge. Never heard a word from them.

Exactly what I'm going thru...

T Mobile has been great for us. Verizon was horrible. AT&T was OK.

We have been with T-Mobile for at least 15 years without any issues at all. Not one. Local office is about 3 miles away and they are always helpful when changing phones etc. We have 2 Lines, $60 including taxes since 2013, includes unlimited everything in the USA, Canada and Mexico, with no throttling that we notice. We are not going anywhere.

T-Mobile is on my "never again" list.

+1
Had their prepaid service years ago with no issues but when I tried their home internet last year I had a really bad experience with cancellation. I kept getting billed for months after the equipment had been returned. Reaching customer service usually required 1-2 hours wait before being connected to someone who was not very willing (or able) to assist with the billing issue. No way I would ever do business with T-Mobile again.

We have been with T-Mobile for at least 15 years without any issues at all. Not one. Local office is about 3 miles away and they are always helpful when changing phones etc. We have 2 Lines, $60 including taxes since 2013, includes unlimited everything in the USA, Canada and Mexico, with no throttling that we notice. We are not going anywhere.

Same for DW and I. No issue with T-mobile. Going on our third year after dumping Verizon.

Try this approach including executive contact emails.

I’ve used Ellliot advocacy executive email contacts several times for different companies when normal channels didn’t work and I have gotten successful response resolution every time, including with t mobile. Usually what happens is you will get a call back from a high level customer service type who has the decision making ability to solve the actual problem.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/t-mobile/

I googled the Verizon CEO’s Twitter account when they told me what I purchased and paid for with a receipt from Verizon wasn’t what I purchased and paid for.
I sent a tweet to the CEO’s account and got a phone call from a manager 10 minutes later.
Perhaps a coincidence but you just never know.

Back
Top Bottom