Happy 12-12-12 Day!

Who will post at 12:12:12 pm?

sunrise_570.jpg

With the temperature in Iqaluit (Iqaluit /iqɑluit/ is the territorial capital and the largest community of the Canadian territory of Nunavut. Until 1987, it was called Frobisher Bay, a name that is still occasionally used. Iqaluit is located on the south coast of Baffin Island at the head of Frobisher Bay) at -22 C, normal for mid-December, the sun rose in Iqaluit at 9:12 a.m. on Dec. 12, 2012 — or 12/12/12. Today is the last day of this century when all three numbers — day, month and year — will all match. That won't happen again until Jan. 1, 2101. (PHOTO BY DAVID MURPHY)

It's my daughter's birthday... so it is a good day...

To bad she is only 9... it would have been great if she were 12....

DW wants me around the house on 12/21. Not so much for any fears about the end of the world, but more out of concern that nutjobs might go crazy.

It's Soundcheck Day....

Check - 1,2..1,2..1,2...

Help!

What should I be doing at 12:12 and 12 seconds Pacific Standard Time. I'm quite worried now. About 3 hours until it's here. It's my one time this century. :confused:

DW wants me around the house on 12/21. Not so much for any fears about the end of the world, but more out of concern that nutjobs might go crazy.

Tell her not to worry - they all live in my neighborhood. :rolleyes:

Tell her not to worry - they all live in my neighborhood. :rolleyes:

I cannot say I am particularly concerned. I don't even hear much media hype on this one. I have the day off anyway, so no biggie.

Help!

What should I be doing at 12:12 and 12 seconds Pacific Standard Time. I'm quite worried now. About 3 hours until it's here. It's my one time this century. :confused:
I dunno...considering you'll have only one second, it better be quick. :angel:

Not that anyone here believes any of the hype anyway, but I thought it was interesting to hear that Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype - Technology & science - Science | NBC News.
Definitely not, the Mayan elder insists. "I came back from England last year and, man, they had me fed up with this stuff."

Chile Pixtun, a Guatemalan, says the doomsday theories spring from Western, not Mayan, ideas.

But most archaeologists, astronomers and Maya Indians say the only thing likely to hit Earth is a meteor shower of New Age philosophy, pop astronomy, Internet doomsday rumors and TV specials.

Westerners have been trying for more than a century to pin doomsday scenarios on the Maya. And while fascinated by ancient lore, advocates seldom examine more recent experiences with apocalypse predictions.

DW will be in a dental chair at that moment. She is having crowns done and we are praying that some Twilight Zone type event does not befall her:nonono:. I set her watch to be the correct time and her alarm will go off at 12:12 so that she can cross her fingers.

Captured on my iMac screen a few minutes ago:

8268091726_bb6f76babe_m.jpg

Too bad I couldn't figure out how to format the date as 12/12/12.

What do I do all day? Well now you know.

Last edited:
Krispy Kreme donuts have a big facebook promotion surrounding 12/12/12. Something about a dozen donuts. Only know because a friend "like it". Didn't explore. Afraid I'd get dozens of those bad for you but truly tasty donuts. Ever had a really fresh one? Orgasmic. Like the crack cocaine of junk food. Must look away from the Krispy Creme site.....

Krispy Kreme donuts have a big facebook promotion surrounding 12/12/12. Something about a dozen donuts. Only know because a friend "like it". Didn't explore. Afraid I'd get dozens of those bad for you but truly tasty donuts. Ever had a really fresh one? Orgasmic. Like the crack cocaine of junk food. Must look away from the Krispy Creme site.....
I agree on fresh ones, I had a fresh one right off the line at a store in Riverside. My reaction wasn't exactly the same as yours, but it was a noticeably better donut than a non-fresh KK donut, or any other brand I've ever had. Thank goodness there are no Krispy Kreme stores near me...
KRISPY KREME PROCESS - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom