Happy Mother's Day

JOHNNIE36

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just want to take this opportunity to wish all you mothers out there a very happy Mother's Day. Wish mine was still around to give her a big hug. I'll wish her a happpy Mother's day anyway.

Thank you! :flowers:

I always think of my dear departed mother on this day, too. Such fond memories. :smitten:

My daughter always makes this day special for me. This time she sent me the perfect present - - five handpicked video games for my brand new Playstation. For some reason she has always been better at picking out things I would like than I am, so I am dying to play these games. :D

She also included a card that she had personally inscribed with the sweetest sentiments, that I will keep and cherish forever. It brought tears of joy to my eyes.

Restaurants should be jammed here today, with so many families taking their mothers out for lunch. So, we had a special lunch yesterday and today we will go someplace cheap and uncrowded.

Just want to take this opportunity to wish all you mothers out there a very happy Mother's Day. Wish mine was still around to give her a big hug. I'll wish her a happpy Mother's day anyway.

My mother has been gone for 40 years now and I still think of her every day, but especially today. Here's to you, Mom!

Thank you. I wish that my mom were around to give a hug to also. My DS brought the fixings for barbecued chicken, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and baked beans and then prepared it for our lunch today. Then DH, DS and his SO and her son and I went to Sweet Frog's for dessert. Delicious! Time spent with them, priceless!

Happy Mother's Day to all moms.

Sad day for me though. Mom passed away in March so still pretty fresh with me. I guess all the holidays will be like that this year. But to honor my mom, I did go to church today. The one I took her to when she felt well enough to go. Also stopped by the cemetery on the way home. Laid a carnation on her grave that an attendant at the entrance handed out as we entered the grounds. I thought that was a nice of them to do that.

Happy Mother's Day to all moms.

Sad day for me though. Mom passed away in March so still pretty fresh with me. I guess all the holidays will be like that this year. But to honor my mom, I did go to church today. The one I took her to when she felt well enough to go. Also stopped by the cemetery on the way home. Laid a carnation on her grave that an attendant at the entrance handed out as we entered the grounds. I thought that was a nice of them to do that.

I remember you talking about that and understand. The flower is really very very nice, good for you and for her.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms. I have 4 kids who treated me to a nice, relaxing day.

I envy all of you with fond memories of your moms. Sadly, I don't have that type of relationship with my mother, which makes this day sort of difficult.

I read somewhere that "mama" is the only universal word -- the same in every language and every culture. Happy Mothers' Day to all those women who keep this world moving forward.

My mom is 86 and using a walker full time now. She had a good day. She lives with my brother and his wife. Their children showed up with brunch for them so mom got to see two grandkids and two great grandkids. My brother built her a raised flower bed attached to the rail on her ramp so she can tend some flowers. I got her a huge hanging basket for her front door. Then the oldest son called her from Mexico. She would have loved to have more grandchildren and great grandchildren call but they didn't. I was able to tell her that her oldest great grandson finished his classes at the National Guard and won some awards and his home now so his mom and his girl friend are posting pictures on facebook so she is happy to know he is home even if he didn't call. He just got home yesterday and has three great grandmothers so she didn't get any time from him yet. We know where he works and he said she can visit him at work anytime so when I see he is working I will take her for a hug. We dropped in on him once because she just missed him too much. She says great grandmothers can do whatever they want.

Back
Top Bottom