Happy Thanksgiving to the Forum!!!

Today it's starting to smell like Thanksgiving!!!! The turkey's in the oven...and the dressing!!! Along with spinach casserole, candied sweet taters, smashed taters, cram-berry sauce, and a few other odds & ends!!!

And of course....fresh baked pumkin pie, piled high with whipped cream!!!

Mmmmmm!!!! YUM!!! :D

It was a great one around here, but the holiday weekend has officially come to a close. I just finished off the last of the turkey in a sandwich and all the other leftovers are now history.
img_450629_0_98b64bf0b08dccf0f8805e6e49a4c5b6.gif

REWahoo! said:
It was a great one around here, but the holiday weekend has officially come to a close. I just finished off the last of the turkey in a sandwich and all the other leftovers are now history.
img_450758_0_98b64bf0b08dccf0f8805e6e49a4c5b6.gif

Nice avatar!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

REWahoo! said:
img_450770_0_98b64bf0b08dccf0f8805e6e49a4c5b6.gif

Wahoo!:

Is it now officially "Baaa, Humbug!" season after the first turkey is gone?

Greg said:
Wahoo!:

Is it now officially "Baaa, Humbug!" season after the first turkey is gone?

It's "Baaa, Humbug!" all year for me.

Just wanted to wish everyone a late Happy Thanksgiving. I fixed our family Thanksgiving dinner early this year as DD and I went to San Diego CA to spend Thanksgiving with her boyfriend who is stationed in Coronado. It was such a weird Thanksgiving for me. We went to the San Diego Zoo and ate dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe.

Glad to hear that your family was unhurt in the accident.

P.S. to Nords: DD's fiance started Indoc training for SEALs 11/27/06. They are having a winter class. I sure hope that he is able to make it, since he wants it so bad. Boy, can he put away the food!

Dreamer said:
P.S. to Nords: DD's fiance started Indoc training for SEALs 11/27/06. They are having a winter class. I sure hope that he is able to make it, since he wants it so bad. Boy, can he put away the food!
Well, I guess the good news about winter BUD/S is that he'll learn to cope with hypothermia that much faster. He'll make or break in a few weeks... none of this long drawn-out riding-the-razor's-edge suffering!

Dick Couch says that one of the most important criteria for surviving Hell Week is the ability to metabolize 6000-7000 calories every 24 hours for five days. Some of the candidates just can't keep the furnace fueled or keep up their body temperature.

No such thing as failure in that training-- whether he graduates or not, being a BUD/S student is a heckuva résumé bullet.

Back
Top Bottom