Happy Thanksgiving to the Forum!!!

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just wanted to wish everyone a very happy and safe Thanksgiving.......... :D :D

Of course, to you folks who are ER'd, I suppose EVERY DAY is like Thanksgiving............ ;)

I'll be whipping up some of my own special dishes tomorrow, and sneak a little booze and football........... :)

Peace

Same to you and yours, to everyone here ... a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Take care.

Ditto all the warm sentiments to all of the forum.

May your breasts... of turkey... be moist and delicious.

astromeria said:
But without so many side dishes :D

I thought the reason to do LBYM is to have home-made cranberry squash, candied yams, and stuffing is to be able to have it anytime you want........... :D :D

Happy T Day to the forum.

Unfortunately, some numb-nuts rear-ended my wife this morning as she drove the van with two kids and two dogs to come get me at the office, so I will be here for a while and probably get stuck in unbelievable traffic. Everyone seems to be OK (as you would expect with a modest hit in a 4500 pound minivan), so it s just likely to amount to a lot of insurance company PITA.

Best wishes to all and a Happy Thanksgiving

Brewer I'm glad everyone is okay.

Outtahere said:
Brewer I'm glad everyone is okay.

Thanks, OH.

Its funny: 10 years ago this would have been a financial calamity. Now all I care about is that everyone was OK because I could afford to write off the entire car without a second thought.

May this be the best Thanksgiving ever to all on this Forum.

I think I'll have some of that "Wild" Turkey tomorrow.

By the way, it's only going to be in the lower 70's here tomorrow. Can you believe such a frigid temperature?

brewer12345 said:
Everyone seems to be OK (as you would expect with a modest hit in a 4500 pound minivan), so it s just likely to amount to a lot of insurance company PITA.
Sorry to hear it happened, Brewer, but it must be a relief that everyone's OK. I guess there really are a lot of turkeys around this time of year!

paradiseken said:
By the way, it's only going to be in the lower 70's here tomorrow. Can you believe such a frigid temperature?
Same here. You're talking about the low temperature, right?

happy t-giving to all..glad everything is ok, brewer....I thought you had another rear ender a few months back....dang NJ drivers :p

brewer12345 said:
Happy T Day to the forum.

Unfortunately, some numb-nuts rear-ended my wife this morning as she drove the van with two kids and two dogs to come get me at the office, so I will be here for a while and probably get stuck in unbelievable traffic. Everyone seems to be OK (as you would expect with a modest hit in a 4500 pound minivan), so it s just likely to amount to a lot of insurance company PITA.

Same here to all and especially to Brewer for his good investment ideas. ;) BTW, bought a little more ISM yesterday at $22.02. Good timing or what?

Maddy the Turbo Beagle said:
brewer....I thought you had another rear ender a few months back....dang NJ drivers :p

Two, actually. But its one thing when it is just me in the car. Its another when it is DW, both kids, both dogs and all our luggage/crap.

Not the end of the world, but aggravating all the same. I am very glad they were in the monster van.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. This forum (thanks, Dory), the exchange of ideas, and the spirit of community is one of the things I'm thankful for. A special thanks to the moderators who keep things civil.

Brewer,
Glad to hear everyone is okay. I recall you were not entirely pleased with the monster van--maybe there will be a silver lining to the crunch-em-up.

You've probably seen this one before, but...

A retiree in Phoenix calls his son in New York and says, "I hate
to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are
divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough."

"Pop, what are you talking about," the son screams.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the dad says.
"We're sick and tired of each other, and I'm sick of talking about
this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her." And he hangs up.

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone.

"Like Heck they're getting a divorce, she shouts. "I'll take care of this."

She calls Phoenix immediately, and screams at her dad, "You are NOT
getting divorced! Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my
brother back and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then don't do a
thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?" And she hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone, smiles and turns to his wife.

"They're coming for Thanksgiving and paying their own way."
---------

Happy Thanksgiving!

brewer12345 said:
Its funny: 10 years ago this would have been a financial calamity. Now all I care about is that everyone was OK because I could afford to write off the entire car without a second thought.

Isn't that the best part of getting some distance between you and the wolf? Glad everyone is OK.

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!!!

HA

Happy Thanksgiving all!

I am thankful that I am sitting here on the computer, peace and quiet around me, while Greg is in the kitchen hard at work.

Family hits us at about 1:00pm.

Greg is putting the stuffing in the cupcake tins that someone (Astromeria?) suggested. He made florescent blue jello with cream cheese and maraschino cherries for my brother. Sweet.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Brew, you sure have a family history of rear end accidents (I am sure someone will make a joke out of that comment). Glad to hear all is well and I am sure the beer will taste even better once you are at home and eating some turkey.

And...the wildcats suck again this year :p :mad:

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Hope y'all enjoy the bird & trimmings.....we're having ours on Sunday....it's been a busy week, so today is a day of R&R. For our Thanksgiving Day dinner we're having a nice, big DiGiorno's Pizza!!! :smitten:

Until "pizza time" we're going to enjoy the nice sunshine and warm weather, and get the rest of the pots and planters cleaned out and stored away!

Have A Happy!!

Happy Thanksgiving-- Kipahulu style: "Eh, no need turkey."

art2x.jpg

I bet I consumed 10,000 calories today. Smoked turkey, dressing, pineapple salad, lima beans, stuffed eggs etc............ Topped off with 2 pieces of choc cake and a piece of sweet potato pie tonight for dinner. :p It sure was good. 8)

We had a great time at our friend's house. Way too much food.

Eggnog, mixed nuts, sweet potato casserole with brown sugared pecans, homemade pies.

TromboneAl said:
...sweet potato casserole with brown sugared pecans...

That is my absolute favorite Thanksgiving food. The brown sugar and pecan 'frosting' on the casserole really does it for me. Those who substitute marshmallows probably eat beans in their chili... :p

Back
Top Bottom