Help in Avoiding Divorce

Well I´m 8 years older... and dumber than my wife in practical things in life, which for me it´s very important. I think I am more educated. But I value street smarts much more than being well read, for instance.

That said, my wife can't be all that smart - after all she did marry me.

Mine too, particularly when our first meeting included me walking around a bar with a pitcher in each hand, drinking them both, trying to impress whomever, then dumping all my ex-gf troubles on her at an afterbar party........:nonono:

When I called her a couple days later, she was not amused. She thought I was a drunk and a carouser.........:whistle:

This stuck out:
Add in a better education for the woman - Beyonce has her high school diploma, unlike husband Jay-Z - and the chances of lasting happiness improve further.
Perhaps a master's or doctoral degree might be significant relative to a bachelor's degree; but a high school diploma is so low in the current education system that it's difficult to believe that it would make any real difference to matrimonal happiness.

Didn't work for Charles and Diana!

Not only that, but unlike you guys we really know how to avoid divorce, if we actually want to do that.... but we aren't telling! We also know other long losts secrets of the universe. It's all in the feminine mystique.

I was just commenting on the cragslist portion from FD. Not really sure where you ladies are coming from. Frankly, I know better to avoid the juicy subjects Sir Haha posts...... ..

I must say, from recent observation, that men do seem to know how to marry "up". I find myself completely mystified at times by some of the pairings of my friends and acquaintances...don't know what the women ever saw in these men and how they can stand to put up with them day in and day out.

I must say, from recent observation, that men do seem to know how to marry "up". I find myself completely mystified at times by some of the pairings of my friends and acquaintances...don't know what the women ever saw in these men and how they can stand to put up with them day in and day out.
It's really an interesting thing, because in my experience, it has always seemed that most of the women wouldn't marry down -- in terms of education, in terms of height or in terms of prestige and earning power of career.

I suppose to any extent that's true, it's possible that part of it is due to the fact that some men are threatened by it (a feeling I can't imagine; I would be THRILLED TO DEATH if my wife met or beat my earning power). I suspect in the end, we tend to notice the things that puzzle or dismay us ("what does SHE see in HIM?" and vice versa) while we blissfully go on with life when it's the other way around. Could be wrong, just throwing it out there for thought...

I read a study once that one of the best predictors of a near term divorce is whether one or both spouses "roll their eyes" when the other spouse says something. :)

Back
Top Bottom