Votes: 65 69.1%
  • At 100,000 miles

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • I trade in my car frequently

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • none of above

Votes: 20 21.3%

• Total voters
Yes, but think of what a chic magnet the boxster would have been ? You might have paid more in repairs but I'd bet you save on groceries since the women would be inviting you over for dinner & dessert .

Those are not LBYM chicks.

Audis will make you cry with the maintenance they need........;)

That's what I heard, and that's why I held off buying one. Damn Audi and VW. They really can design cars, but they just can't build them for crap.

I stopped lusting after fancy or new cars in my 30s. I look at cars as means of transportation. If somebody puts a dent in my expensive car, it would get me upset. It's not worth it. Drive it to the ground, then buy a new midrange car. New so I know it has not been abused. Rinse and repeat.

That's what I discovered as well. Then I also discovered that looking (PC version) at naked ladies has lost some of its oomph as well. I can imagine sitting around on a pile of money at 60 but with absolutely no interest or no desires. Argh, that's depressing.

Why else do we call it quit early, saying we have enough money, though most of us are nowhere the level that can be called rich? What to do with more money indeed!

After my startup failed, I got an unsolicited job offer for a staff position at a company I have consulted for. I declined it, deciding to live within whatever savings I still had left. So far so good.

Your pile of money that you are sitting on, if same as mine, has been shrinking with the market, and we are all sitting a few inches lower than last year. So, the prospect of dying with plenty of money leftover is somewhat slim now.

But have no despair. There are other recreations that require less money. For example, as I cannot eat as much as I used to, I have found that food preparation learned from the FoodChannel is a quite enjoyable activity, much more so than going to restaurants.

PS. My nephew, a rich single pharmacist, just bought an 8-cyl Audi. Not following cars, I do not even remember the model. Looked nice, but I did not even care to ask to test drive it.

Last edited:
That's what I discovered as well. Then I also discovered that looking (PC version) at naked ladies has lost some of its oomph as well. I can imagine sitting around on a pile of money at 60 but with absolutely no interest or no desires. Argh, that's depressing.

Don't worry. :)

Ha

PS. My nephew, a rich single pharmacist, just bought an 8-cyl Audi. Not following cars, I do not even remember the model. Looked nice, but I did not even care to ask to test drive it.

This is an astonishingly nice car. Probably epensive to run too, but perfect in every other way.

Ha

I always indulge my fancy by sitting in a Cadillac and inhaling it's new car smell. There is nothing that smells quite like a new Cadillac. I refuse to cough up the bucks for one though. We want something that will last at least a decade & is good in snow.
Just get some of that New Car Smell thingy.
Buy a bottle each of benzene, dioxin, and formaldehyde. Sprinkle a little of each on the rear floormats, give it a good sniff, and spinkle a little more until it smells just like GM does it!

I keep a car as long as it fills my needs. When we had to start making trips to CA to deal with aging parents, cleaning out houses, etc. we bought a van. It works well to go south for the winter now that we have buried all the parents. My DW is having some knee problems so getting into and out of our 95 Volvo is getting difficult, so even though it would prob go a lot further, in April we will get something else.

I remember my Aunt (now 85, but still driving cross the country) who took her 68 ltd to the dealer for an oil change or something, and they tried to get her to look at a new Ford, since hers had 36k on the clock (old five digit odometer). She said, that's 336,000 miles sonny, and it has a lot of miles left..l...

Buy a bottle each of benzene, dioxin, and formaldehyde. Sprinkle a little of each on the rear floormats, give it a good sniff, and spinkle a little more until it smells just like GM does it!

Sheesh, sounds like a recipe for pickling dead bodies and keeping them in the trunk;)

Back
Top Bottom