How to hail Uber when I am at an unkown address?

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
So far I am not impressed with getting a car when I depend on the GPS in my IphoneX, so if I have the address I usually use it. What is best downtown (or anywhere else), where I cannot find an address?

I hope there will be ideas. My other post this morning provided the answers i needed.

Ha

Can’t you enter intersections for Uber? As in “pick me up at 9th & Arch”?

Can’t you enter intersections for Uber? As in “pick me up at 9th & Arch”?
I have not been able to succeed in doing this. I guess I am just struggling with a learning curve. 3 days post the bus ride from hell GF has heavy cold symptoms, and I feel bad about this, so I have to get this worked out so Uber is an easy go-to.

Can’t you adjust your pick-up location?

Before you request your uber ride, you can click on your location to change the pick-up point. You still have to know where you are on the map, but this works around any faulty gps readings.

I recently got a smart phone for the first time. It is a Samsung Galaxy. If I say "OK Google. Where am I?" it gives me the address. I don't know if the iPhone can do the same. I would think it should.

I recently got a smart phone for the first time. It is a Samsung Galaxy. If I say "OK Google. Where am I?" it gives me the address. I don't know if the iPhone can do the same. I would think it should.
Thanks! I tried this sitting at home now, and it worked perfectly. Tomorrow I'll try it elsewhere.

Ha

Thanks! I tried this sitting at home now, and it worked perfectly. Tomorrow I'll try it elsewhere.

Ha
It's amazing what you can ask your phone. You can type it in too, so the rest of the world won't know you are lost. 😁

I've only used Uber twice but can't you call or message the driver once one accepts your trip? And tell them that you're in front of XYX building or by the drug store on the corner of Main and First St? Or wherever? The dapper older gentleman sharply dressed with a woman on his arm and wearing <insert clothing description here>?

The only time I used Uber I just dropped the pin on the map right where I wanted to be picked up (bus shelter by our Airbnb in Lisbon) and the driver pulled right up no problem. The addresses were screwy so I just walked to the end of the building so it would be on a main road and more easy to be found.

The only time we used uber was from Wrigley Field in Chicago . I believe our friend did the same thing-sent the pickup request from a pin location on her phone app. To avoid confusing addresses, the app may use latitude and longitude instead.

Back
Top Bottom