How to Make Hard/Sturdy Cookies

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'd like to make some cookies that don't fall apart easily. Something I could put in a bike jersey pocket and eat while riding.

Is there some ingredient I could put more or less of to make the cookies firmer?

Thanks,

Biscotti. You can make them any degree of hardness you choose, depending on how long you bake them.
I have a white-chocolate cranberry recipe that should only be consumed by hard-core athletes. I let myself consume them at holidays only.

I don't know anything about that but I just heard a program on NPR that explained the secret for truly great Toll House chocolate chips -- let the dough rest for 36 hours before baking. And then, of course, eat em warm.

Turn the wheel all the way to the right and step on it.

2Cor521

How 'bout peppernuts. I've not tried this particular recipe, but, they probably are all about the same. Peppernuts are hard and like the recipe says they are little and good for munching. My grandmother and mother baked and mailed peppernuts to my uncle when he was in WWII.

Cooks.com - Recipe - Easy Peppernuts

Fig Newtons. Doesn't matter if they get mangled, the figgy stuff holds it all together and you just pop the whole thing in your mouth.

Is there some ingredient I could put more or less of to make the cookies firmer?
What about leaving your favorites out in a sunny spot with good air circulation for at least 48 hours prior to the ride?

Oh, wait, that'd be dessicated fruit. I guess the answer is ginger snaps.

You would think that your Metamucil smoothie recipe would help firm up a batch of cookie batter...

When I make chocolate chip cookies, they are always crunchy. The secret is to use Crisco instead of butter in the recipe, and to add a lot of nuts. I use the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag. It calls for 1 C. of nuts, but I add 2 C. (walnuts).

Way back years ago, the recipe on the bag called for Crisco, but over the years they changed it to butter. I have always used Crisco, and people love the cookies made that way. And they are hard & crunchy, not soft.

That was my thinking.

I think i'm gonna make the crispy brown rice bars today or tomorrow. I have everything except the puffed brown rice. I think I know a little boy that'd like these wholesome rice krispies bars... ;)

Thanks for all the ideas.

That was my thinking.

I think i'm gonna make the crispy brown rice bars today or tomorrow. I have everything except the puffed brown rice. I think I know a little boy that'd like these wholesome rice krispies bars... ;)

Hmm - if I send you my address will you send me some?! We can chalk it up to testing their mail-worthyness...:angel:

I made the crispy rice bars. Some trials and tribulations. My high end fru fru supermarket with 3 natural food aisles and a cereal aisle the size of several small countries did not have puffed brown rice. Best I could manage was a box of Barbara's sweetened brown rice cereal.

Flax oil costs $9 for a small bottle.

Getting home, it seems Gabe has discovered the hiding spot for the mini marshmallows, and I no longer had enough...so I substituted some extra sugar and butter. So much for the 'healthy' part of 'healthy rice krispy bars'.

They're cooling right now. Someone has done some alpha testing for me and approves wholeheartedly. "Marshmallows...and cherries....YUMMM! Can I have some more?!? And go to Chuck E Cheese?"

I've already taught him to throw out a bunch of stuff and then negotiate back to what he wants.

I made these biscotti today, and they may work. However, they are addictive, and I ate about 4 today while wrapping them in foil.

I used peanuts and added a big handful of chocolate chips.

how to make soft cookies:

ask my wife to make soft ones!

da-da chhhh

Try to search in some site that they are offering some free recipes about the baking cookies like that. Some I know are like a soft chew chocolate cookies so try to search that is all I can give you.

Back
Top Bottom