I Need a Good Email Interceptor

I like the smooth interface of Outlook. But the HTML virus thing is just a pain. I thought about switching to web based, but subscribing to certain groups, I like the idea to use an email client, define rules and have the emails placed in individual folders for me as I retrieve them.

Well, it looks like there's now (might not be new) DHL Scam going on too as I just received an email with the heading "Postal Service" and the body talks about a DHL package and to click on a link to get the info.

A good think my Syplheed email program treats the email as text only for prescreening. Also, now I marked that email as junk to teach the spam filter for the future :)

Well, it looks like there's now (might not be new) DHL Scam going on too as I just received an email with the heading "Postal Service" and the body talks about a DHL package and to click on a link to get the info.

A good think my Syplheed email program treats the email as text only for prescreening. Also, now I marked that email as junk to teach the spam filter for the future :)
Is this a private domain, or something public, like Hotmail?

Broad-based scams like DHL and Fedex shouldn't go through the email server and get to your account...
Server anti-spam process should be catching this.

Is this a private domain, or something public, like Hotmail?

Broad-based scams like DHL and Fedex shouldn't go through the email server and get to your account...
Server anti-spam process should be catching this.

From what I see, the domain is from "post-grad.com"

Here's the entire email in text form in case you are curious (the mail has a subject of "Postal Service":

If the links are not working, please move message to "Inbox" folder.

DHL PACK STATION
DHL Ship Shipment Notification

On April 28, 2013 a shipment label was printed for delivery.
The shipment number of this package is 79869926.

To get additional info about this shipment use any of these options:

1) Click the following URL in your browser:
Get Shipment Info

2) Enter the shipment number on tracking page:
Tracking Page

For further assistance, please call DHL Customer Service.
For International Customer Service, please use official DHL site.

Disclaimer:

This message was created by DHL Ship, a product of DHL, at the request
of the sender. No authentication of email address has been performed.
Deutsche Post DHL 2013 DHL International GmbH. All rights reserved.

A description of the virus from the real DHL:

http://www.dhl-usa.com/en/about_us/new_virus.html

Last edited:
From what I see, the domain is from "post-grad.com"

Here's the entire email in text form in case you are curious (the mail has a subject of "Postal Service":

A description of the virus from the real DHL:

DHL | New Virus Message | English

I meant your domain. Why is your domain email not stripping off the virus? Am aware of the other info.
Thanks.

I meant your domain. Why is your domain email not stripping off the virus? Am aware of the other info.
Thanks.

My domain is yahoo.com.

I'm not doubting you as you might see something I don't, but I don't understand why you expect that the domain should automatically strip off the virus as it seems the scams hit enough for DHL to put out a warning notice of their own.

Anyhow, as long as my email intercepts the scam and it doesn't mess up my pc, I 'm good with it.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Some do a better job than others, some don't do it at all and leave it to the subscriber to provide their own solutions. Some have it but don't tell the subscriber they have to enable it on the server side.

My domain is yahoo.com.

I'm not doubting you as you might see something I don't, but I don't understand why you expect that the domain should automatically strip off the virus as it seems the scams hit enough for DHL to put out a warning notice of their own.

Anyhow, as long as my email intercepts the scam and it doesn't mess up my pc, I 'm good with it.
I understand your email situation much better now. You don't like the web interface. I don't either. It just changed this past weekend, so maybe it is a little improved. I use the yahoo web interface on my PC, and it picks up almost all spam now. I look at the spam box once a week, and delete it all.

Our approaches are different with Yahoo. I also use Outlook, Gmail, Comcast, and various company email servers.

Don't you have to pay to use Yahoo pop email? Maybe that is a restriction from long ago.

Good luck with your email. I can empathize.

I understand your email situation much better now. You don't like the web interface. I don't either. It just changed this past weekend, so maybe it is a little improved. I use the yahoo web interface on my PC, and it picks up almost all spam now. I look at the spam box once a week, and delete it all.

Our approaches are different with Yahoo. I also use Outlook, Gmail, Comcast, and various company email servers.

Don't you have to pay to use Yahoo pop email? Maybe that is a restriction from long ago.

Good luck with your email. I can empathize.

I only go with the web interface for email when I need a quick look at current emails. But I much prefer using an email program with a good spam filter. The web interfaces seem clunky to me. No, there is no charge. I just set my pop settings on my email program and I'm good.

Back
Top Bottom